• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Custom paint jobs 4 your predator gun

Started by bushmaster, August 06, 2007, 04:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushmaster

I recently read that it's a bad idea to try an paint your own gun (my m4 in mind).  I assume that a few of you guys are keen on this subject? :confused:
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

What's it gonna hurt?  I painted my 77/17 and love it.  Have not had a lick or trouble.  I even emailed leopold asking about voiding the warranty, there reply.  "As long as you do nothing mechanicly to alter the scope it should not be a problem".

Paint the sucker then post pics so we can see it when you're done.

Joey
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

vvarmitr

Sometimes it makes it harder to resell the gun if it's painted. That's the only bad thing I can see about it. :shrug:

I camoed my 11-87 3 1/2" w/ regular spray paint. Well not regular, regular spray paint. I did use that spray paint that's suppose to make stuff look like stone too.

I did what I wanted it to do ...

That's a crow stencil on the fore arm that I made. I also made a coyote stencil, but it was to big for the butt stock. :pout:

I call it the Death Limb as that was the effect that I was going for.  Wanted it to look like an ol' dead limb in the woods. (Needs to be darker IMO)

MI VHNTR

I usually put DuraCoat on all of my fiirearms. I've also painted quite a few firearms for others using DuraCoat.  http://www.lauerweaponry.com/ ; I usually use a matte black on most firearms, but I have done a few other colors. I  recently went over my AR-15 LW carbine with matte black DuraCoat,  just to make it weatherproof.  This way, the elements cannot cause any damage. The do make a matte clear which does not affect the appearance of the firearm too much.  MI VHNTR
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

KySongDog

As long as the gun is not shiny, I don't think it matters much.  But if you're worried about it, a little bow tape works wonders.

Just my humble opinion and, of course, your mileage will vary.

FOsteology

Thinking about having mine painted in the ASAT camo. Like this one:

statelinerut

Finished my NEF 243 about 2 months ago. Have not had any problems. This coming deer season will be the true test though.

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.

-- Ronald Reagan

bushmaster

oooohh, I like that one! :biggrin:  What kind of paint is that and how did ya pattern it?
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

vvarmitr

Quote from: FOsteology on August 19, 2007, 01:50:47 PM
Thinking about having mine painted in the ASAT camo. Like this one:

Now that's what I'll talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;yes;

statelinerut

Quote from: bushmaster on August 20, 2007, 07:06:43 AM
oooohh, I like that one! :biggrin:  What kind of paint is that and how did ya pattern it?

Krylon Fusion from Walmart. Pained it all tan and then used a fur tree twig as a pattern to overspray with od green and brown, Then a flat clearcoat to finish.
Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.

-- Ronald Reagan

ErictheRed

Other than the camo dipped jobs, I have never really seen camo job I really liked.  I've seen some terrrible do-it-yourself jobs.  I never cared for the light Krylon type paint jobs either.  But, for everyone that doesn't like it, there is one who does.