• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

TEENAGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by cb223, September 22, 2007, 09:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cb223

We have our share pets lizard, fish, dog, hamster ect....Today my oldest daughter 14 wrapped her lizard up in an electric blanket(reptiles need to be warm) to keep him warm.Well she forgot about him!  As an end result he's well done!!!!!  :doh2:

For the last 6 hours we've been dealing with the results!  She is devastated! 

How do you deal with an emotional 14 yr old girl, THE WORLD IS AT AN END!!!!!!!

I have my sympathy but I also want to say "I TOLD YOU SO" I been bichin about the way she takes care of that thing since the day she got it!

In one aspect I find it humorous yet I feel bad for her!

HOLY CRAP sometimes being a parent really blows. How do you relate to her that IT WILL BE O.K.!! This is not the end of the world!

How do you make her feel like the world isn't ending? 
CHAD

Hawks Feather

Chad,

Just hang in there.  In about 7 years she will start to think that you really might know something.  I would stay away from the "I told you so" line.  It just really makes them more upset.  Tell her you know it was an accident and that you are sorry for her loss.  (Try to keep a straight face when you say that.)  You know it meant a lot to her and that she was just trying to make it feel cared for.

Jerry

iahntr

Good luck !  :biggrin: Relate to a 14 yr old girl ?  :laf:
Seriously though, the last thing she needs right now is "I told ya so". Remember, she is 14, and she is a girl. To her it is devastating. There isn't much you can do right now, tell her something like, " the heat just makes them sleep, he just went to sleep, and didn't suffer at all" Then give her a hug, bow out, and let your wife do the relatin.   

Jerry and I kinda typed at the same time, that's about how long it takes me to type. :doh2:
Scott

cb223

The heat makes him sleep!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: I'm sorry, I REALLY shouldn't laugh!!!!  Honestly I DO feel for her!

When my wife unwrapped him he was stuck to the blanket!!!! :doh2: :doh2:

I know as a parent I shouldn't find humor in this, but if I don't show it is it OK?

Does it really take another 7 years? Can it be done now?
CHAD

cb223

I'M SO SORRY!!!! I really feel bad for her!

As a father I just can't find the right thing to say. My wife is handling that.

HEY GUESS WHAT!! WE'RE GETTIN A NEW LIZARD TOMORROW!!!
CHAD

Todd Rahm

"Ah, I'm sorry honey. Did ya atleast season him before ya turned the heat up" or maybe "Ya didn't wrap him up with tators"  :doh2: :laugh2:

Serious though, I know exactly what your going through. My kids are only 6-9 and man explaining stuff them isn't easy, especially when thier innocent questions want to make ya blow coffe through your nose.

What the fellers said, struggle through it the best ya can in a manly way, and then pass the buck to more sensative better half.  :wink:

First time the boy had a pet die, he came to the kitchen where me and the wife was and said his G-Pig died and as ked what he should do. First thing out my mouth (And I wasnt thinking) was, throw him in the trash. Oh, man was the wife in there with the cover and clean up. Guy thing I guess.  :innocentwhistle:

bowjunkie

man I feel for ya I raised a daughter from 9 on by myself shes 22 now and finally gettin a bit adultish desided workin for low wages wasn't for her and started college this fall   :yoyo: hang in there it will GET WORSE before it gets better  :wink:

FinsnFur

:yoyo: So I'm really NOT alone in the endeavor uh?  :biggrin:
I'd probably make promises to buy another one, and do the ice cream thing. But that's me, my girls 10 and 13 both got me wrapped around their finger.  :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Chad,

It never hurts to laugh a little, just don't do it when  your daughter is around.  In a few years, if the subject comes up, she might even laugh about it too.  It just won't happen for a while.

Jerry

Bopeye

My daughter is 10, so I don't have any answers. It's all just starting for me....... :rolleye:

Ya could re-heat the lizard. Put it on a plate and teach her the value of not letting anything go to waste........ :huh:
Shoot, send it to me.........I'll eat it.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Silencer

sounds like I'm lucky to have all boys !!! 

Hawks Feather

I live in town where burial is "not permitted" but we have a yard with plots for rabbits, gerbils, hamsters, and even a few hermit crabs.  Most were pretty easy, but there was one rabbit that died in the winter - frozen ground.  I did my best with a pick and shovel but didn't get very far.  I finally said that it was not going to happen and the rabbit went into the trash can.  I never told the girls that the rabbit isn't in the burial plot.   :iroll:

Jerry

Drifter

Yeah buddy does that bring back memories . Nothing like het Dad I think something is wrong with my hamster . He is all puffy and his hair is falling off LOL . they get over em quick and now aireal burail works lOL . Drive down a back road and prebait yotes for calling .  Maybe will work for the one doing the skunk depredation as bait even . :roflmao:

Drifter

Lilminnesotangl

I don't have any teenage kids yet, but my daughter will be the first of my kids to become a teen and I feel for you. Heck, I feel for me too, I remember what it was like being a teenage girl  :doh2: