• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

A Bear in a bridge

Started by Braz, September 29, 2007, 08:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braz

Here are some pictues of a bear that had to be rescued here in California the other day. Here is the story as I got it in an e-mail from a Highway Dept employee.

This bridge is on the Old Donner Pass Highway.  It has spectacular Sierra Views and views of Donner Lake and Donner Pass on Route 80.  A bear was walking across Rainbow Bridge (Old Hwy 40 at Donner Summit, Truckee) on Saturday when two cars also crossing the bridge scared the  bear into jumping over the edge of the bridge. Somehow the bear caught the  ledge and was able to pull itself to safety. Authorities decided that nothing could be done to help Saturday night so they returned Sunday morning to find the bear sound asleep on the ledge. After securing a net under the bridge the bear was tranquilized, fell into the net, lowered, then woke up and walked out of the net.

Braz

wv_yoter

Cool story & pics. It's amazing the bear caught itself.
Jason

FinsnFur

That is cool. Looks like fun too.

I wonder what was going through the bears mind while they secured the net?   :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

That's wild. Thanks for sharin the pics with us!
That's a nice lookin bear too!  :innocentwhistle:
Scott

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Carolina Coyote

While hanging there I bet the thought of " OH S---!!!" went thru his mind, but you have to give him credit he did not give up. Good story they have been showing this on the mews this morning but have not shown how they got him down. Thanks for sharing the pictures cc

Hawks Feather

That is one lucky bear and a great picture recap of the whole experience.

Jerry

Silencer

Wow, he looks pissed in the last pic !!!  Thanks for sharing