Main Menu

I'm back guys!!!!!!

Started by Bopeye, October 13, 2007, 12:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

I'm back, tired and I'll talk to you tomorrow........ :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Bills Custom Calls

Hope all went well for ya Bop  I sure hope ya got some pics to share.Hope you didn't pull a Bill and drive all that way and didn't take no pics
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

iahntr

Made 'r  back safe and sound.   :thumb2:
Scott

KySongDog

THO Game Calls

QuoteYou were gone?

Now that's cold - funnier than hell but cold  :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:

Old James can't catch a break  :roflmao:

By the way Bop - you should have mail.   I think it missed you by a day or two but it should be there.

Al

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

DirtyDog

Welcome back buddy. I'll try to give ya a call sometime this weekend to see how you are holdin up.  :wink:

FinsnFur

Welcome home bud...get rested up and bring us some Bite me's...been missin em  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

:roflmao:   @ the missing "bite me's"!!

Welcome home Bop!! :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

bowjunkie

welcome back Bop glad yer home safe and sound

I'll help ya out Jim

BITE ME     :roflmao: :roflmao:

Bopeye

Thanks guys.........I think.. :huh: :wo:

I enjoyed seeing grandma, but was very disappointed in some of my cousins. I had called five of my cousins a few weeks ago to let them know I was coming. I asked if any of them would be able to take me coyote hunting and all five said they would.
Since I had that many going, I just took my calls with me and decided to let them be the shooters. They are use to those 4 and 500 yards shots, so I knew they would have a better chance on the plains. I suppose I could have called them closer, but they are really into the long range stuff so it didn't matter how close they got to me.

TWO WHOLE freaking days I set there trying to get just one of them to show up...............NADA.!!!
I hadn't brought my own rifle because I thought I had plenty of shooters going to be with me. Finally on the third day I said screw it. I went out to a few thousand acres owned by my aunt, took my calls and my .357 pistol and gave her a go. First stand I let'r rip with my howler and within a few minutes several cock pheasants flushed......I knew I had a customer. He came in, but sat out there at about 75 yards just looking around for his coyote he heard. I wasn't comfortable trying to shoot a coyote at 75 yards with a 357 magnum revolver with a 4 inch barrel, so I just had to set there and watch him. I lipsqueeked, rabbit, puppy distress, just about everything to get him closer, it didn't happen. He was a healthy looking male though. Did one more stand on that land, but didn't see anything.
I went to another farm owned by my uncle and set up down on a creek overlooking a cut hay field. I let the howler rip and within a minute I saw a coyote trotting on my right side headed straight for me. He was following an old cattle path which would bring him within about 10 feet of me. He was about 100 yards or so from me when all of the sudden he bolted and took off to the right, straight across the hayfield. It didn't take me very long to figure out why he bolted, within seconds I was surrounded by some very ticked of mama cows with calves. All I can figure is that they have had a run in or two with coyotes and had decided to come and stomp this one.  :rolleye: :madd:
I drove about a mile up the creek and set up about 100 yards from the creek this time on top of a hill next to a yucca bush. I could see for miles and thought if nothing else I could coax the next one into pistol range. I let out with my howl and to my amazement a coyote stood up out of the tall grass right next to the creek. As I watched, another coyote stood up and both of them seemed to be looking right at me. I tried to lipsqueek them and watched as they went on the hunt, but there was a small catch. It was obvious they were circling me to my downwind side. They never got much closer than 100 yards when they crossed my scent trail. Once they got a snoot full of that, they decided it was time to leave...... :argh:
By this time it was almost dark, so I called it a day. Four stands and four coyotes on three of them. It was exciting, but I sure was wishing I had brought the AR along.
That night I called one of my cousins and he said he would go the next day. I drove about 40 miles to his house that next afternoon just to find him drunker than Cooter Brown. I couldn't believe it.  :rolleye:
He told me to give him a minute while he got his hunting clothes and .270 gathered up. I watched him for about a half an hour stumble around his dump trying to find all of his stuff. Finally we got underway, me with some serious misgivings about hunting with a guy that was hammered, but I really was wanting to kill a coyote. We went to a place where he said he always saw coyotes. We got set up on top of a bluff and was watching the bottoms. I started calling, about 10 minutes later he whispered in a drunk slur, "Here he comes". I looked and looked and finally saw the coyote way out there coming in pretty quick. Next thing I know, he's swearing like a sailor beside me. I then realized his gun was jammed. I tried to clear the gun for him, but was having a heck of a time with it. That's when I noticed that something didn't look right. I asked to see one of his other shells........yep, a dang brain surgeon I had brought with me. He had brought 30-06 ammo...... :doh2:
I don't know where that coyote went and it this point I no longer cared. I didn't go back out the rest of the trip.  :pout:

I enjoyed most of the family and my trip, but my coyote hunting was surely a disappointment to say the very least.
Next time I go, I will take my own gun and try to hook up with someone I know from this board.  :eyebrownod:

Now, go ahead and laugh you heartless bastids.............and BITE ME.

DirtyDog

Well buddy, it sounds like at least it was a good trip, and it sounds like you are feeling better. Hopefully granny is ok, and it 's good to have ya back.  :wink:

KySongDog

Hey, ya called 'em up. That's the hard part.  Beats the heck outta seein' nothing!   :readthis:

At least your drunk cousin didn't shoot ya.   :wink:

THO Game Calls

Jimmy Carter once said, when asked about his brother Billy....

"You can choose your friends but you can't choose yiour relatives"

Glad you got back in one piece after all that.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

Yeah were glad ya made it back in one piece.  :eyebrownod:
So basically you educated five coyotes this weekend and killed a pretty good huntin spot, right?  :laf:  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bopeye

Bite me Jimbo...... :eyebrownod:

Here is a pic of two of the no shows, but this isn't the drunk one....... :doh2: :shck:

Here's my 92 year old grandma in the front. (She's the short one) This is all of her kids and kids in law. Mom is in orange shirt and my dad is behind her. This was the first time they have all been together in 26 years. They are from Seattle, Wa., Farmington, NM., Herndon, Ks., Trenton, Ne., and us in Tennessee.

wv_yoter

Well Bop at least there drinking Budweiser. Sounds like a good time despite the drunks an no shows, and at 92 years old grandma looked happy and pretty good.
Jason

keekee

Sounds like you had a good time! And it was a safe trip! Spent sometime with the wife and kids! Thats cool!

And you called several coyotes to! Awesome!

Good to have you back Bop!

Brent

Jerry Hunsley

Bopeye, You had a good trip anyway. You got to see relatives and the hunting was secondary. At least you saw some coyotes. Heck, next time you come if you need someone to go with just call me and I'll see if I can make it. Can't be that far away. I live in Central S.D.  Just remember family is first. Your Grandmother looks in really good shape.

possumal

I believe that drunk cousin would have made one hell of a decoy!  Missed your chance, Bopeye, as he might have drew in a state record yote.  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

Quote from: possumal on October 13, 2007, 10:46:03 PM

I believe that drunk cousin would have made one hell of a decoy! 

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :laugh2: :laugh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers