• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

AR to hunt coyotes

Started by securpro, October 14, 2007, 10:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

securpro

Hey guys, I  just got home from court days in Mt. Sterling, Ky where i traded off a Ruger km77 22-250 target rifle for a Rock River Elite CAR A4 in 223 with some extras, and I am wondering if this gun will make a good yote gun ? it has the dominator mount with the integrated rear sight and is ready for the EOTECH holosight ,has anyone ever used this sight ?   Should i look for a varmint barrel or is the stock barrel Ok ?  Any input would sure help.

securpro 

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

vvarmitr

Man you got ripped! :doh2:
That ain't a predator gun & besides it'll shoot like chit. :rolleye:

Tell ya what - I'll give you $100 for it so I can have something to hang over the mantle.  :eyebrow:

securpro

GREAT !!!  I feel muuuch better now. :shck: Hey thanks for the input vvarmitr ,but uh I think im guna have to pass on the offer though.   :pout: thanks anyway.

securpro
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

Hawks Feather

V.V.

See what happens when you act too fast.  Next time wait a day or two and maybe you will get to steal an AR.   :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

FinsnFur

Take some pics and show it off to us Securpro  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

songdog_sniper

Hey there, That is the exact gun that I use for my gun on the streets.  It is a very good shooter.  And the EOtech is an excellent holographic sight system. You can put a good group at 100 yds with that site, and that is great for hitting moving targets as well.  I think that you will be happy with it.  I paid 850.00 for mine bare and the Eotech will run you about 350.00 as well. I don't use it coyote hunting just because I couldn't camo out my gun that i use for work, so I bought another one that I put together with a 20 in varmint barrel But I think that you will do just fine with that Rock River. Aaron.

securpro

Thanks for the info songdog, I am planing on getting the EOtech but i'm not exactly sure which model and definatly goin for a varmint barrel.   

FinsnFur I will post some pics as soon as i get enough time off work to do so, i've been working out of town alot lately , but finishing up my last job in Baltimore this week . going to take a few weeks off after this one and do some quality bow huntin and spend some time with the kids (there beggin for an LBL trip).

securpro

songdog_sniper

I would go with the model 512-a it takes the AA batteries and you don't have to mess with the 123 batteries.. It is about 25 dollars more but it is well worth it  when you leave it on by accident.  Aaron

Randy Roede

Securpro, Randy Shaw has alot of experience with AR's he would be the one to get ahold of!!!

securpro

Thanks again for the info songdog_sniper,  I was leaning toward the lithium model just because i buy cr-123's by the case for work and always have some around.
(free you see) :biggrin:

securpro

securpro

Pilgrim

:roflmao: At Randy Roede!  Yes, just ask RShaw about uppers and lowers...he knows his stuff.