• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

My first called cat

Started by studabaka, October 17, 2007, 06:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

Congrads dude! I sure hope you can find him! Cats are tough little critters!

Brent

RShaw

I hope you find the cat, but without a lot of luck or a dog, the chances are pretty slim. Sounds to me like you got bone and probablly just a very short blood trail. Usually, just before a cat decides to die, he will make a jump into the thickest stuff he can find. This makes them almost invisible. Also, they will leave an obvious trail or cattle path to find such a place. Erratic behavior such as this makes for a difficult recovery.

Randy

I place as much value on learning what not to do as I do in knowing what to do.

studabaka

Afraid you are right. I tried again this afternoon and still nothing. Man that is such a bummer  :sad3:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

DirtyDog

Stu.......my freind........you will get your revenge soon enough.  :wink: Keep your chin up.  :sneer:

Roundman

Stu
At least you know your calling style is working....for the longest time that was a problem for me. I had no idea if my call was loud enough, or was I running animals off. Keep calling and it will happen again.

On a side note, why has nobody built a call called the slobbery?  :biggrin:

RShaw

Stu, I noticed you were shooting a 250. Were you using a 50 grain bullet or less? And if so, are you sure you got an exit?

Randy

studabaka

I was shooting a 50 grain factory load, remington accutip-v boat tail. I'm sure it was a through shot as when it ran back past me going the other way there was a pretty good blood spot right behind it's front leg, slightly lower than shoulder. Given I was shooting down on it from the rim of the gulley [maybe 20 foot elevation difference] it makes me believe I hit it right about where I was aiming. For better or worse, I have that image burned in  :rolleye: guess it's part of the package, but it really sucks.

Is there a better place to target?
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

Man we need a picture of this for the Bloopers  :biggrin:
Sorry Stu  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

Nah  :rolleye:

My repeated complete misses on yotes at Randy's last Feb was embarassing as hell and solid blooper material....... this one..... well I ain't even thinking about laughing.

Vincenator

Way to go on your cat! hope you can find him.  :congrats:
Every day is good,some are just better!

Brad H

Sorry to hear about the lost fur Stu. That sucks cause everythng else sounded like it went like clockwork.

Brad

HaMeR

I'm still pullin for ya on findin your cat Stu!!  But if you don't find it then it won't have anything to do with a lack of effort on your part.  :wink:

Aint that spring gobbler huntin so much easier??!! :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

RShaw

Stu,  Sounds like you remember the whole sight picture. With that kind of an  exit, the cat is probablly no more than sixty yards from where you last saw him. Try one more search and concentrate on that small area. Look along the line he last took and 20 yards to each side. Don't miss one square foot in that area. In my opinion, it is worth a shot.

Randy

studabaka

I'll give it another shot in the morning. Thanks!!   :fingerx:

wv_yoter

Good luck Stu I hope ya find him/her.
Jason

FinsnFur

Dont send that hide to me....it'll be already pickled in the briars  :innocentwhistle:  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

I pray you find it Stu. Beside the Lord's probably tired of the World Peace thing for now & wouldn't mind spending some time w/ ya in the woods. :wink:

It's 10:00 am. What time did you find it? :wo:

securpro

Stu, sorry to here about your loss :sad: Hey at least ya got a chance and thats more than i can say. dont give up !!!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya .:fingerx:

securpro
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

Ladobe

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

possumal

Hey Stu: One thing we haven't covered in the list of possibilities: maybe old Wylie Coyote found your dead cat and took him home for lunch.  That is not too far fetched at all.  I sure hope that is not the case and you find your fur. 
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff