• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Just to extend the invite!!!

Started by browning204, October 26, 2007, 09:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browning204

If ya'll even care, There will be a Maine hunt in febuary. Last year there was like 19 people and it was fun.

It is not a big to do. It is just a bunch of guys hangin out and hunting coyote and bobcat in the big woods of Maine.

There are 2 cabins for people to crash, first res. in the cabins get the spots and there are hotels down the road.

there will be a banquet at the end with small prizes. It's just a good way to hunt an area you have never seen and meet

some North East coyote hunters. Night hunting is allowed, even on frozen waters. Bait and everything is OK.

I will give more info to people who might be interested.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

FinsnFur

Night hunting, frozen waters, bait?   Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!  :eyebrow:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

Did he mention it was in Rangley Maine?  In February?

Did he mention it was going to be cold?

No offense to our own KeeKee, but they have a Kee Kee bird in Maine that only comes out in late January and February.

He is called the Kee Kee bird because of his unique call. It goes something like this

Keeeeee Keeeeeee Keeeee riste it's cold.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

bowjunkie

"Keeeeee Keeeeeee Keeeee riste it's cold."

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

oops sorry Brent but that is funny   :biggrin:

FinsnFur

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

I read that, and thought to myself, "what the hell is he smokin"...then it hit me  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

THO Game Calls

The reason you can hunt at night, on frozen water and over bait is because in February, there ain't no one up there to see you do anything. 

Everyone with any sense has gone south in February.

I would go, but I'm a wimp and I admit it. 

Al

studabaka

now ain't that something..... my hunting/trapping/fishing buddy of 30 yrs ago lives in Rangely  :shck: When in Feb?
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

studabaka

Here are a couple of Rangely critters.....

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Silencer

what the cat weigh ?  looks hefty, nice pics !!

THO Game Calls

The cat is nice!  But that coyote is just beautiful.  There are not too many blonde ones up here.   That one looks really nice.

Al

nailbender

Who would drive for those scrawny lookin' eastern critters? :sleep:! :laf:

possumal

Beautiful pictures, Stu.  That darned coyote has one hell of a coat on, and the kitty ain't bad either. Thanks for sharing.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

HaMeR

Quote from: THO Game Calls on October 27, 2007, 10:37:52 AM
The cat is nice!  But that coyote is just beautiful.  There are not too many blonde ones up here.   That one looks really nice.

Al

The cat is wearin camo & the coyote is wearing carhartts. :shrug:

Oh the critters that are hangin upside down!!!! :doh2: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Thata a damn big dog with a real nice fur coat for sure. The cat sure looks like a big one too with a nice winter coat. You guys did real good on that/those hunts!! :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

studabaka

My hunting buddy from the old days got those with a friend of his  :wo: I'm thinking Jan/Feb '06. I forget what he said they weighed, but they sure got some nice fluffy fur to em  ;yes;

I'll try and catch up with him and ask. The deer he gets look more like cows with antlers  :eyebrownod: I might have to brave the cold if Al and Browning are gonna be in his back yard in feb...... hopfully that hunt ain't the first week, cause I'll be at LBL, but Maine is kinda on the way back to NC ain't it  :shck:

My buddy is the one wearin the carhartts with the big grin  :nono:

Jimmie in Ky

I think they are doing it the first weekend of february Stu. You could get cloned right quick  :wink: Jimmie

browning204

yes feb 1-2-3 are the dates right now.

I never saw a Cat up there but did call in a bunch of coyotes last year. Yup they are big and act strange in a sense that they all came in, no matter what time of day or night straight to the caller without a care in the world.

I called a double one day and they both came in behind me and split, one left one right, both within arms reach (as it seemed) but very close to me. If it wasn't for the tree I was sitting against I woulda been a scooby snack.

I shot at the one that went right but that is when I cracked the Hemlock tree dead center.  :doh2:

Later that night, same exact set-up I had a biggin come straight in and stare into the caller, scope light dead in its face, it stood there until me partner moved and hit a branch with his AR. Even then it just simply looked at him, then me and simple just walked back into the brush.

Al is  right it is cold cold cold. But it is fun.

Come on up!!

browning204

looks like it is shaping up good now. There are a couple of guys on my site who plan on going up. And a couple of guys on the "other" site as well.

Last year some guys who don't even go on boards showed up from word of mouth. I am sure as it gets closer we will get a head count.

FinsnFur

I hope someone brings us some pictures  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

The pictures will be hand drawn.  All the cameras will freeze.      :biggrin:

Jerry

browning204

Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 10, 2007, 08:11:57 PM
The pictures will be hand drawn.  All the cameras will freeze.      :biggrin:

Jerry

I will try and get as many pictures as I can. But it is mainly hard/softwoods mix and pretty thick. Lotsa Deer yards and stuff.

But I will try to get some. Hopefully of more dead yotes this year. I will be better prepared as far as warmer cloths and boots.

I was dressed to the max last time but have better/different types of layering.