• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

great weekend for me.

Started by bigben, October 28, 2007, 06:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

this weekend I was in a hunt amongst some of the best predator hunters in pa.  on friday morning I went out right after the official start time.  left the house around 12:10 and went to one of my favorite grey fox areas.  started calling after setting up in a tree stand.  It was very light out with the moon being full and the wind was gusting every now and then.  I was scanning with my 6 volt rayovac flashlight and about 15 minutes into the calling sequence I called this female in.

After the shot and I verifyed it was down.  then the shakes came with the JS GFP wailing away I had to sit down.  got my breath and finally climbed out of the treestand.  walked up to her and got the shakes again.  that was one of the most awesome feelings that I ever felt.  great sense of acomplishment.  after I got to the truck and had a couple drinks of water I composed myself and went to the farmland to try for some border greys and reds.  made 6 stands after with one miss on a red at 20 yds and one grey that hung up out of range.  went home slept for two hours.  got up and headed north.  the rest of the weekend we made some good sets but the critters were laughing at us out there fightin the wind.  even though I did not get a trophy I still walk away with a very big smile and still think I won. 

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

HaMeR

Congratulations on the trophty in the picture Ben!! :wink: 

Here's your real trophy>> :readthis:
QuoteAfter the shot and I verifyed it was down.  then the shakes came with the JS GFP wailing away I had to sit down.  got my breath and finally climbed out of the treestand.  walked up to her and got the shakes again.  that was one of the most awesome feelings that I ever felt.  great sense of acomplishment.  after I got to the truck and had a couple drinks of water I composed myself and went to the farmland to try for some border greys and reds. 

:wink:

:congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

wv_yoter

Congrats Ben, that's a nice looking yote you got there. I see you used your shotgun, how far was she and was it the Hevi-Shot loads ?
Jason

bigben

she was 20 yds up the mountian and I mean a up the mountian shot.  the mountian at this spot is about a 30 or more deg.  and it was with #4 buck.  I about missed this coyote if you look close you can see a blood spot on her nose.  there was one pellet that went in there and another caught her right between the eyes.  another one caught her dead center of the chest.  she was standing on a log and then after I shot it looked like she just collapsed on her self.  this gun makes a very big flash at night and you can not see very much.  where she came out I would have been better shooting left handed but not enough time to get changed over. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

securpro

congrats !! :highclap: Thats a good lookin yote right there !!  wish we were allowed to coyote hunt here at night in Ky sounds like a good time.

securpro
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

Silencer

Way to go Ben, congrats man  :bowingsmilie:  *high fives*

FinsnFur

Ya gotta love it. Nice job  :yoyo:
Nice looking fur on that girl too.   :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

Ya gotta love it!  Good job and a good story.  Pretty good pictures too.  You look tired in the one LOL

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

bigben

ya just a bit.  I went to bead at 10:00 woke up at 12:00 had the truck allready loaded up and went out calling after chuggin some mountian dew and coke.  here is how I think I want to get it mounted.  how old do you think this coyote is.  we guesstimated it at 20 or so lbs and had a broken canine tooth and she did not nurse this year. 
http://www.adirondackreflections.com/images/1coyotepedestalbg.jpg

iahntr

Way to go Ben, super job!! :yoyo:  :congrats:
Thanks for sharin it with us.
Scott

studabaka

Sounds like you had a great hunt Ben. Great lookin dog there. The guys are right.... your trophy is the dog in your pic and the butterflies in your gut. Can't beat that  :nono:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

browning204

Great Job Ben!! Nice Coyote you got yourself!!!!

Isn't that a great feeling!!!
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

nailbender

keekee

Cool! Congrads! and nice fur there as well! Sounds like a good time to me!

Brent

trappinjohn

Awesome job Buddy!!   

And durring the NCPA hunt makes it even better.   :congrats:

bigben

thanks guys.

hope the ribs are getting better john

CCP

Awesome job Ben  :yoyo: :yoyo: Way to go :highclap: :highclap:

Quotethat was one of the most awesome feelings that I ever felt.  great sense of acomplishment

Thats what I am a talkin about. Once again Congratulations Ben

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Jeb

Congrats !!!  :highclap: :highclap:
            Jeb

Brad H

Awesome Ben.

That feeling afterwards is there everytime, and keeps us coming back for more!

Brad

trappinjohn

Quote from: bigben on October 30, 2007, 08:37:24 PM
thanks guys.

hope the ribs are getting better john

Ribs are getting better.  I remade a couple sets this morning without crying  :biggrin:  Heck, I might even get out and do some calling this weekend.  Thanks for asking.

Congrats again on the coyote.