Author Topic: Prepared, not Scared!  (Read 70 times)

Offline nastygunz

• Platinum Membership
    • wildinthewoods
Prepared, not Scared!
« on: Yesterday at 04:19:11 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hawks Feather

• Global Moderator
  • Custom Call Maker
    • Jerry Latta Photography
Re: Prepared, not Scared!
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 08:17:10 PM »
Is that concealed carry since it is hiding behind a hat?   :biggrin:

Offline nastygunz

• Platinum Membership
    • wildinthewoods
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM »
 Dang I am impressed you spotted it, it blends right in with the dash  :wink:

Offline Hawks Feather

• Global Moderator
  • Custom Call Maker
    • Jerry Latta Photography
« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:13:23 AM »
Dang I am impressed you spotted it, it blends right in with the dash  :wink:

What can I say. I was looking at the calls that are there and noticed a small speck of a darker color on the dash.  It didn't seem quite like the rest of the camo so I looked longer and spotted the Mossberg.

Offline nastygunz

• Platinum Membership
    • wildinthewoods
« Reply #4 on: Today at 09:31:08 AM »
 I think the kid at the drive-through spotted it too :biggrin:

Offline Okanagan

• Gold Membership
« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:24:21 AM »
Years ago when I was living on the Coast and hunted mule deer east of the mountain near Wenatchee, WA, I finished the last daylight by road hunting down a mountain to the highway, then drove several hours to catch a ferry home to the Olympic Peninsula.  At dusk my rifle was leaning on the vehicle seat on the passenger side.  I pulled onto the highway, never stopped driving nor thought about it.  After I paid for the ferry the toll booth man said, “Cover your rifle when you park on the ferry.”  Oops!  :huh:  Fortunately he was calm and didn't freak out, probably a hunter I'll bet, and profiled me accurately.

Offline nastygunz

• Platinum Membership
    • wildinthewoods
« Reply #6 on: Today at 01:21:53 PM »
 I was out shooting one day and pulled into the local 7-Eleven to get a slushy because it was about 100° out and I walked back out and there were two patrol cars parked beside my vehicle and four police officers look at me right in the eye because a nosy old lady walked by and saw my A.R. 15 sitting on the front seat and called the cops!

Offline Okanagan

• Gold Membership
« Reply #7 on: Today at 02:02:24 PM »
In British Columbia a friend of mine was charged and his rifle taken because he did not lock up his vehicle when he stepped into a convenience store/gas station to pay for his gas.  Big hassle and I think he eventually got the rifle back.  I was told it is that way here in WA State.  In Canada if I recall correctly, any firearm even in a locked vehicle is supposed to be out of sight.  Add to that the fact that a significant number of cops don't know precisely what is legal and what isn't re firearm transport, possession, etc.

I bought some digital combination trigger locks and a lockable steel ammo can with a combination padlock, plus keep things out of sight if I leave the vehicle, just 'cause I don't want hassle.  There are times, especially in the woods however, when I have a carbine on the dash like your shotgun... In my case it is usually to dry it out. :biggrin: