• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Online shopping...

Started by bushmaster, November 05, 2007, 10:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushmaster

Hey guys, have any of you made purchases from combathunting.com ?  Their contact info is just an e-mail address.  I just got a little spooked by it, so I was lookin for some insight.  Preciate it.
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

studabaka

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Nelson

Hawks Feather

I haven't even heard of that one.  With only an email address I think I would be a little concerned too.   If their prices are too good to be true, the are usually not too good to do business with.  If you really want to do business with them, you might contact them and see if they can give you some references.

Jerry

CCP

QuoteI haven't even heard of that one.  With only an email address I think I would be a little concerned too.   If their prices are too good to be true, the are usually not too good to do business with.  If you really want to do business with them, you might contact them and see if they can give you some references.

I have to agree

+1 for what Jerry said
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Never heard of them here either.
I tried to do a back ground on the site for you. It's hosted by Fortune3.com and the site was created in December of 2000, but who ever owns it is so sure of themselves they've omitted the contact info from public records. :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bushmaster

so it's safe to say that you fellers would not by from them?  i ordered a leapers scope for my m4 and they said it was out of stock with no idea of when it would be in stock.  I emailed back and forth with them and they said that i could wait it out or get a refund...  hmmm??   
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

KySongDog

There are a lot of online shops out there that only have a web presence....no physical building with stuff in inventory.  They function as middle men.  When you place an order with them they, in turn, place an order with the manufacturer or where ever they get their stuff from.  And then you find out it is out of stock or a big delay in getting the item.  A few of them are little more than scam operations.

Unless I am dealing with a major well known web site (like FnF Store  :biggrin: ), I always ask if the product is in stock now and when will it be shipped.  Even that sometimes doesn't work out too well.  :shrug:

Todd Rahm

See my Diggy Camera post in hand calls, and then ask yourself again.  :biggrin:

Plus in that post somewhere is a link to a reseller review, and if they have complaints against them you'll find them.