• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Locked out!!

Started by slagmaker, November 07, 2007, 11:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

Man this sucks!!! Went out to make a couple stands tonight and when I get to the property the gates are locked. Whats up? I give the owner a call and he said sorry but his neighbors have had problems with teenagers partying on there property so he was locking up everything. Said he was sorry but he would have to rethink letting ANYONE on his land,

Man to loose hunting privlages due to a bunch of people messing things up. Now I have to go out and find all new hunting grounds. WIth the loss if his land I am stuck with public lands and that is an hour drive away.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Finding land to hunt is getting harder and harder. A lot of people just don't have any respect for something that belongs to someone else and it ruins it for everyone.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

I feel ya, Slag.  I drive 50 miles one-way to hunt.   :rolleye:

I hope guys that have land close by to hunt understand how lucky they are. 

Semp

studabaka

We have the same kind of problems around here. Some folks have no respect for land owners  :rolleye: Sorry to hear this. Hopefully when he rethinks he will let you back on as it will give him another set of eyes and ears he can trust.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

DirtyDog

I totally hear ya. I have a few places to hunt here, but that is because I know the people. I do have one farm that I have that the owners are grateful that I am out there hunting. I can say it nice to be wanted instead of looked upon badly.

Hawks Feather

There seem to be more "Keep Out" signs going up around here as well.  While it doesn't seem that the following will have any success in slagmaker's case, it might help someone else.  I have had some success by: talking with the owner, explaining that I would be careful, letting them know when I was going to be on their property, and leaving a sheet with my name and the state's "I will do" list on it.   These conditions are:

1.  To respect the rights of the property owner.
2.  To be careful in the handling of firearms.
3.  Not to damage fences, buildings, or other property.
4.  Not to litter the area or dump any rubbish.
5.  To obey all hunting laws and regulations of the Division of Wildlife.
6.  This free permit is only valid on the lands of the issuing landowner and only for the days specified.

This has opened up a few places that I otherwise would not have been able to hunt.  In some cases the landowner already has someone hunting there and if it is (deer for example)  I ask if he has any problems with coon in his corn as I would be willing to hunt them at night when I would not bother the deer hunter.

If the answer is still "not now" I leave the "I will do" sheet that has my name and address on it and let them know that they can call if they change their mind or if I can help with any game management problems in the future. 

Jerry

HaMeR

I'm very lucky & I know it. I have 3 farmers that I don't think would lock me out. I shoot more groundhogs off their property than other hunters shoot deer every year & they have both told me they can see a difference. :biggrin:  It feels good to be wanted/needed!! :eyebrow:

Give the landowner some time. I think he'll come around to the hunters that have been doing him right. It wouldn't surprise me to see a new thread here saying you got back on that property.  :wink:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Jerry Hunsley

That's a bummer. Maybe you can compromise with him. See if he will give you a key and in return police the area a little bit. Kinda sounds like he is just making up an excuse though.  :wo:

slagmaker

Up date:

I got to talk with the man this morning. Got a little more info than I had last night. It appears that someone shot two of his cows with arrows and he has one missing. I offered to help him search for his missing cow and he said he would let me know. At this time it looks like I wont have a hunting ground so close to the house for a bit but at least he knows that I am there to help him out and it may open up to me again in the very near future.

There are only 3 poeple that have permission to hunt this land and when the cattle were shot all 3 hunters were accounted for. Somone was on his land without permision. If I catch the sorry SOB that messed with Mr. Browns cattle I will string them up. He has more than just me mad at them and I think the other two people want a chance at them as well.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

HaMeR

You certainly did the right thing today slag!! I know we all woulda offered our services to any farmer under the same circumstances. You'll be back on that land in no time.  :wink:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

Quote from: slagmaker on November 08, 2007, 09:40:25 PM
someone shot two of his cows with arrows and he has one missing.

Ok, Now I'm pissed! :argh:  That kinda crap just makes my blood boil. :mad3:

This is kinda eerie, but we had that around here & then people started getting shot. I don't know if anyone from outta state remembers the name Thomas Dillon.  They called him the Sportsman Shooter.  He was one of those brilliant wackos who wanted to test what weapons would do. :doh2:  A lot of guys quit using treestands for fear of being picked off.
It was pretty weird around here till they caught him.  :whew:

You be careful Slag. :wink:

bowslinger

i just lost some hunting land my self do to other people it blows i walked there but i have public land 10 min drive from my house plus i have a nother small peace of land i can hunt that a family friend owns

ohiobob

Quote from: vvarmitr on November 09, 2007, 03:14:57 AM
Quote from: slagmaker on November 08, 2007, 09:40:25 PM
someone shot two of his cows with arrows and he has one missing.

Ok, Now I'm pissed! :argh:  That kinda crap just makes my blood boil. :mad3:

This is kinda eerie, but we had that around here & then people started getting shot. I don't know if anyone from outta state remembers the name Thomas Dillon.  They called him the Sportsman Shooter.  He was one of those brilliant wackos who wanted to test what weapons would do. :doh2:  A lot of guys quit using treestands for fear of being picked off.
It was pretty weird around here till they caught him.  :whew:

You be careful Slag. :wink:

I remember him well V V ,,he lived 8 Miles from me and he had some dealings with my Grandma,,the Cops were out & asked her right around a MILLION Questions,,well maybe 15 Questions,But it took ALL DAY !!!
He also Shot my Boss's Cows and burned my Buddys,,Uncles Log Cabin down only 60 Yards from my best friends house
My Wife was worried when I went Bow Hunting,,but since I never take a Flash Light when I go hunting,,he Couldn't see me
BUT I liked it when the Gov't  Lied to him and put him in the Prison that he Plea Bargained to stay out of,,and my Other friend Hunts a lot right where they Busted him with the Silencer on his Pistol,,BUT He still hasn't Received what he deserves for all of that BULLSHIT he Pulled,,when he Killed his FIRST Victim it was weird because he Played Ball for the Team that we played that day,,and when he didnt show up for the Game,,the other coach said that the guy NEVER missed a Game,,but when they found the Guy dead,,the guys team mates said it was PROBABLY a Jealous Husband !!! well it wasn't a Jealous Husband,,it was a DERANGED SERIAL KILLER !!!
I bet (and HOPE) he is one MISERABLE S.O.B. !!!
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Bills Custom Calls

Is that Bob     Ohiobob   wow sure looks like it

Welcome back BOB
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

songdog

I know what you mean slag... I lost one of my farms last month that i have been hunting all my life.      It was a farm that i have done most of my learning on.. Not just coyotes and bobcats, but deer and turkey as well. I am going to hate to see them move their heavy equipment in and demolish the forest and fields i have hunted for so long..   So hang in there slag, i am sure things will work in your favor.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Dave

ohiobob

Things are Getting BAD all over,it took awhile,but the "Lease Monster" has made its way up North,I have a Place for me and my Kids to hunt,,matter of fact my Youngest Son Just shot his FIRST Buck on this Farm last Saturday during Youth Season.
BUT when the Old Farmer Dies,his Daughter has already said that she WILL sell it,,I told her to let me know when this Happens because I Might be interested,,But IF the Land goes to Auction,,the Price will be GROSSLY inflated because of these "Lease Groups" that go to these Land Auctions,,buy the land as a Group,and then Lease the Land to the Highest Bidder  :mad3:
But for the Time being,I have a few Places to fall Back on,,For Now anyway  :madd:
Bob

P.S. Yep Bill,,it is me  :wink:
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???