• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Taken a second

Started by FinsnFur, November 11, 2007, 08:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

...this veterans day to recognize the men and women that have fought for our freedom.
And those that either got drafted or volunteered on their own, only to wind up with their name on a memorial wall.

Too many of their sacrifices we will never know about, and too many of them we already do. Willing to give their lives to spare me and you.

If you have a loved one with their name on the wall, god bless them and may their soul rest in peace. If you have a loved one near you thats a veteran, wrap your arms around them and never let go. Tell them thank you for everything they have done.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyotehunter_1

Jim, very well said.

May God bless.....
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

BigB

To all of the vet's out there.  THANKS for all you have done and to give us this freedom we have.  Nobody shoud ever take it for granted.

You folks are the real hero's.

God bless.

hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

DirtyDog

Agreed......

I watched the movie "We Were Soldiers" last night, and thought about the sacrifices that were made. Thank you all.  :congrats:

Hawks Feather

Good point Jim.

I would like to thank all of you who have served and will add a little thanks (in a prayer) for those who have paid with with their life.

Jerry

possumal

God bless all our active servicemen and the vets.  
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

bowjunkie

AMEN  thanks to all that volunteer there lives for our freedoms

slagmaker

God bless all of our veterains and the souldiers that are at this time becoming veterans. May they all come home safe.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

iahntr

Good post. I know it's something many, myself included, don't think of probably often enough.
Thank You to all who serve, and have served in the past.  :congrats: :congrats:
Scott

Silencer

Thanks to all the service men and women, past and present !!!  :congrats: :congrats:

wv_yoter

My best friend served twice in Iraq, I thank him and everyone else that have. I will tell him thanks in person from me and everyone here next Monday when rifle season starts.
Jason

HaMeR

My BIL is on leave until Jan 31st when he returns to civilian duty. He did 2 tours in Vietnam, several Ops South of the Gulf, Desert Storm for 9 mos, Iraq for 7 mos, & Afghanistan for 14 mos sweeping for mines & cleaning the place up. I Thanked him yesterday evening again. My twin nephews are Marines & I have no contact with them right now but I'll let them know when I see them again.

Thanks to all past, present, & future, servicemen/women for a job well done. I do appreciate what you have all done for us.  And Thanks to the fallen heroes  for their services & to their Families for understanding why they did what they did.  :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Jerry Hunsley

Today is a very appropiate time to think about are serving soldiers and our Vets. Thank you for preserving our freedom and hope you make it home to your loved ones.  Sometimes we take things for granted. We are soo    lucky the war is not on our own turf. When we wake up in the morning and are able  to go to work or do what we want it is a premium. We are so fortunate to live in the USA. Things may seem bleek sometimes but not nearly as much as other places around the world. We are lucky to be able to feed ourselves do all the recreational things that other people can't do. I am proud to be an American. :yoyo:

TA17rem

Not so long ago i was out deer hunting and i came across 4 young men that where still in school and where deer hunting for the first time. I stopped to talk with them and they where not haveing much luck. The biggest problem was they did'nt have any decent areas to hunt so since i had more than enough land to hunt i invited them to hunt with me. That season all four got a deer, nothing big but they where more than happy with what they got. After that we became good friends and hunted deer together every year. I always had alot of time on my hands to do some scouting before season so i decided i would try to line up the biggest buck in my area for one of the guys to have a crack at, i did this every year and made sure that  each of them had a chance at a big one.
We got to talking about there plans for after school and they thought they would just get a job cause they did'nt have the money for collage. I told them about joining the guards and how they would help with the education. All four ended up joining the national guards and hunted one more season with me before they where deployed over seas. That last year i always called them the soldier boyzz. LOL's
At the moument they have spent two tours over there and willbe comeing home in a month or two..
I tip my hat to the soldier boyzz and all the others that have served our country.. GodBless..

vvarmitr

Got a SIL over there right now.

I have a great appreciation for those that have served our country from our beginning!  :highclap:
I also support the Disabled Vets faithfully as a way of saying "Thanks!"  :wink: