• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

A trip to the mountain...

Started by Arkyyoter, November 14, 2007, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

My wife and I made a drive/picnic Sunday afternoon. We went to the mountains to see the colors...they were definately there to be seen.

I will post a few pics. We really enjoyed it...seems this year has been one of the better years for color here.

My little cheap camera didn't do most of these justice...they were simply outstanding...

Joe

Bob D

Thanks for the pics Joe. Fall is my favorite time of the year . It sure is pretty up your way.

Jerry Hunsley

I never dreamed that it would have been that beautiful down in Arkansas. Never been there before, but I can see I have been missing out. Simply beautiful. I had Arkansas pictured in my mind as all trees and fairly flat. Not so. I don't know my geogrophy. Does Arkansas have lots of mountains? Looks like a lot of hardwoods. We don't have a lot of hardwoods up here. Mostly pines, cedars, cottonwood, and some ash and oak. Great pictures. I just called my wife to look at the pictures and she thought they were wonderful.  :congrats: :highclap:

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Dad gum beautiful Yoe, dad gum beautiful!

Yoey
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

HaMeR

Thats some purdy country Joe!! Thanks for sharing again!! :biggrin:

You're up so high in some of those pics the trees below look like bushes.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

wv_yoter

Nice pics Joe. It kinda looks like West Virginia, very colorful and lots of rocks and cliffs.
Jason

Jeb

Wow those pictures are stunning !!!  Thanks for sharing with us Joe ! :yoyo: :highclap:
                       Jeb

Hawks Feather

Yoe,

Beautiful pictures.  Sure looks peaceful and relaxing.  Did someone play hooky from school today?   :wink:

Yerry

bowjunkie

man those are sweet thanks Joe ya brightened my otherwise lousy day  :biggrin:

keekee

Nice Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brent

Nelson

You live in a beautiful place.  Absolutely wonderful pictures!!

Nelson

centerfire_223

Joe those were some awesome pictures.  :yoyo:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Hawks Feather

Joe,

I am relaxing looking at your pictures again and wonder about the one at the edge of the water.  It look like Cypress roots coming up.  Do you have Cypress trees there or can you tell me what the tree is?

Thanks,

Jerry

vvarmitr

Wow, Joe! Those senic views put chills up & down my spine.  :biggrin:

Arkyyoter

Thanks guys....will do one more post after this fashion....

Jerry Hunsley, yes Sir, the western/north western and north central part of the state is very mountainous. The highest point in the US, between the Mississippi River and the Rockies, lies about 16 miles south of me...some of those pics are from there. Hardwoods out the wazoo....

Jerry Latta...yessir those are cypress knees, the northernmost edge of cypress is about 60 miles south and east of me...after that it is simply too cold for them to make the winters...those particular trees in the pics are the northenmost Cypress trees I have ever seen. They are on a small mountain lake on Petit Jean Mountain....slightly southeast of Dardanelle, Ar....