• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bobcat calling ?'s

Started by browning204, November 15, 2007, 07:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browning204

For all you guys who call Bobcats, I have a question.

I got some new sounds to call cats on my E-caller.

How do I use these sounds?

I have Bobcat baby distress

Bobcat young call

And A simple meow meow house cat kinda sound.

What volume and frequency of Vocalizations should I use. I also understand that maybe some small animal Distress works.

We cannot hunt Bobcat here in NH but can hunt them in all states around me. I have seen pics of Bobcat taken outta

Vermont and they take some BIG ones!

Thanks for any help ya'll could give!!

FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

bowjunkie

a decoy of some sort and bird distress sounds and ALOT of patients most of the time cats take forever to come in plan on hr long stands

keekee

I don't use many bobcat vocalizations. From time to time I will start a stand with the Bobcat in heat sound. But as far as I know it has never done me any good.

Bird distress has hammered the cats for me, then the Cottontail Distress in second and believe it or not Puppy wines and crys on the AP-6 is third.

Any high pitched distress sound is good and the faster pasted the sound the better. Run the sound all the time. Cats tend to loose interest real fast.

Brent

browning204

Thanks for the replies guys.

CrossJ

Called two cats so far, and seen three. Unfortunatly, season on cats doesnt open till dec !. Just as well, they arent real good now; better in january and february. Of the three, all were vocal. First let out a 'scream', second 'meowed' all the way in, and third groweled like he was gonna whip my a$$. Bird distress and 'busy' sounds work well. As far as time on stand, well after 15 minutes, I quit the stand. If a cats gonna come, he'll come on in the beginning.

browning204

busy sounds and fast acting critters, sounds like grey fox.

Thanks for the info.