• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Be careful now...

Started by Ladobe, November 24, 2007, 01:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladobe

(forwarded from another forum)

The information I'm about to give to you can be dangerous, so as the title says, be careful now, ya hear?

I'm sure that as a child (and perhaps as an adult) you all have shot a rubber band at something.

Now, figuring that your right handed, you most likely put it on your left index paying no real attention to it, pulled it back with your right hand, pointed it in the direction you wanted to shoot it and let go.   Done this way, your chances of hitting anything very far away was slim or none. It probably curved and it didn't really go very far.

Now, as a professional rubber band shooter I'll tell you the right way to do it.

If you follow the instructions and pay attention you will notice three things.   First, when you let go the range will be at least twice and more than likely three times the distance of the "old" way.   Second, the accuracy will be amazing. It will repeatedly fly almost as straight as an arrow.   Third, it will make a most unusual hissing sound as it flies.

This works best with the rubber bands that are about 2 to 3 1/2 inches long but it will work with any of them.
The instructions are for a right handed person.

1. With your left hand facing away from you place the rubber band on your left thumb and left index finger (the one next to your thumb). It should be about 3/8 inch from the tips of your finger and thumb.
Don't stretch it when you first place it on your fingers. Now, spread your left thumb and index finger a bit to put a small stretch into the RB (rubber band).

2. Holding your left hand slightly upward, now place the tip of your right index finger in the center of the span of the band that is farthest away from you and apply a slight tension by pushing your right index finger slightly away from you and your left hand. When putting your right index finger against the RB your finger should be pointed upward.

3. Now, fold your left index finger down and retract it from the area of the RB.
You now should be holding the RB with your left thumb and the tip of your right index finger.

4. Push your right index finger away from your left thumb stretching the RB in the process.
You will note that the RB has one side stretched far more on the right side than it is on the other side. This is the secret and it will induce a spinning motion to the RB as it flies and it seems to keep it on a straight course.
It also prevents the RB from turning its broadside to the wind which will blow it off course and greatly shorten its flight.

5. Using your left thumb and right index finger to point the RB towards the target, relax the left thumb allowing it to bend forward towards the target. This will release the RB. It will not hit your right index finger but it will leave your hands with an amazing speed emitting the Hissssssing sound.

Don't laugh until you try it.   With a little practice you will find that you can develop great accuracy. In fact killing flys, moths etc is easily within the possibilities and, you may wish for Spring and Summer to return so there will be something to "hunt".

I strongly recommend that you do not hold the RB anywhere near your eyes. They do sometimes break and fly backwards. Besides, with some practice you will find that your right and left hand held about even with your elbows works just fine, and it may give you some "real time" practice of learning the eye/hand coordination needed for the point and shoot technique used by some really good pistol shots.

Disclaimer: Anyone who shoots themselves, their wives fanny or the dog must live with the consequences of their own acts.

Be careful now.

Zonie

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

FinsnFur

:huh: gotta find a rubber band here...hang on a sec  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Jim has been gone a long time.  I hope he didn't shoot himself.

Jerry

Ridge Runner

yeah its all fun and games till somebody gets an eye poked out!
RR

KySongDog

you'll shoot your eye out with that thing. 

How long before ARB's (Assault Rubber Bands) are regulated?  The indescriminate killing of flys and moths for sport seems especially cruel and inhumane. 

I'm gonna call PETA and complain.   :noway:

:roflmao:  :roflmao:

Omega47

fold band A around finger B and......   Damn - I need pictures   :confused:

trappinjohn

Quote from: Omega47 on December 10, 2007, 03:21:51 PM
fold band A around finger B and......   Damn - I need pictures   :confused:

Me too  :doh2:

jimneye

A pic of someone giving you the finger? :confused:  Heck I get that every day. :wink:

securpro

HOLY COW !!!! What an improvement over my old method, Thanks Ladobe  :yoyo: :yoyo:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

FinsnFur

I never did get it to work right  :confused: I dont think  :pout:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Try printing out the directions and following them sloooowly.  One point at a time and it might work for you - then again it might not.  I told another guy about it, printed out the directions for him to have, and met him at a coffee shop.  Even having the directions didn't help him much.  I think he is rubber challenged.   :biggrin:

Jerry

FinsnFur

:roflmao: Rubber challenged          :shck:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers