• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tragedy in NH Woods

Started by THO Game Calls, December 07, 2007, 09:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

I've been out on this for 4 days now.  They called it yesterday but still had some teams out today.   This is right in the heart of where I coyote hunt.  I know these woods like the bacl of my hand.  I have home made maps of the area and have been hunting it for over 20 years.  There is just no place I have not been in these woods, but the guy is gone.  Dogs can't find him, infared failed to pick him up, it's very sad and very strange.  People are talking about what might have happened.  He is a very experianced hunter.   No way he would have gotten lost out there.   I just cannot belive he had a heart attack or stroke and fell over dead and no one found him.  There were close to 300 people out there on Monday (over 200 volunteers showed up to help) and no one found anything.  Not even tracks. 

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Newsroom/newsroom.htm

This is the thrid incident we have had in NH this deer season.  One guy shot himslef while reloading his muzzleloader and another stumbled and shot himself in the foot.

AL
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

browning204

I know, it is unbelieveable. I mean with the  dogs, infa-red, people, choppers. To bad, if he is still in there, it will take someone not ready to find him to stumble across him.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

DirtyDog

That is sad. I hope that someone will stumble on him. That would be a horrible way to die.

KySongDog

Very sad.  It does not look good for the missing hunter given the weather and his age.

My thoughts are with his family.

Semp

possumal

I am sure all members of this forum will keep this man in their prayers.  It is horrible to hear about something like this.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

HaMeR

That is just terrible!! I sure hope they can find him too. It would mean so much to the rest of the Family. :sad:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

Bad deal! :sad: Ya hate to hear that happen. I hope they find him.
Scott

fuzz624

That is very sad indeed.We all hate to hear about things like this.

studabaka

I agree with what folks are saying, but at the same time I am perplexed that that many people, dogs, equipment could look for that long and find absolutely no sign. Can't help wondering if there is more to the story  :shrug:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

I wondered the same thing. But that just sounds spooky. Sad situation for sure.  :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Omega47

I have to agree with the previous two posts.  As much as I feel for his family, they were hunting in a very specific area and 4 days of searching with dogs and hundreds of people hasn't turned up a clue.  Pretty strange. 

browning204

Nobody knows that state park better than THO but, I have been in there a bunch both on foot and on ATV. The park in the Winter is used by Hunters, Ice fishers,, snowmobilers and 4-wheelers. There is a very well maintained trail system that has signs at every intersection telling users which way to go for parking, sporting goods stores, food stores, eatery's, gas and everything else.  I would think if he was "lost" that he could have found his way to something, and I know that the Morning of when he got lost, the local 4-wheeler club had a club ride in there. it is pretty easy to hear the sound of 50 quads cranking through the woods.

There is some rough terrian in there but as far as I know, no cliffs or holes or anything that would sneak up on a person. Most hairy terrian could be walked around with a little bit of effort. Now, I haven't walked every inch of that park but I assume the parts that I frequent are pretty much the same as the rest of the park.

If this poor guy had a heart attack or something odd, again he couldn't find himself in a place where Dogs, choppers, infa-red, people and trained search and rescue people would not be able to go.

It is to bad that I have been working so much to survive my growning family, so-far friggid winter and Holiday season because I would have been part of that search party. Because that just plain sucks to get lost and die alone, cold and scarred! Never mind what his family is going through wondering, waiting and praying.

Omega47

That's right - we saw that quad club gearing up to ride in on the morning he got lost.  Forgot about them...

On the 2nd and 3rd mornings, I called F&G to join the search and rescue - both times they said they didn't want any more people tracking through the area and that they were cutting back on the size of the search parties.   I haven't heard a thing about the guy since Tuesday.  I wonder if he's up in a tree.  That might explain why the dogs can't find him.

browning204

he would probably be seen up in a tree. Weird where ever he is.

KillerCaller!

I don't know about you guys but I have stepped in some bogs that I thought I would never get out of. There are spots out in the woods that look perfectly safe to walk on and the next thing you know you have one leg up to a knee in goop. You never know, sometimes the Earth just swallows people.

FinsnFur

:shck: Boy that'd be a helluva way to go, wouldnt it  :sad3:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyotehunter_1

Any word yet if they have found him?
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

THO Game Calls

No.  The official search was called of last Friday, but there were people out in the woods over the weekend and a few this week from what I heard. 

There is an old pond out there, right off the road he was hunting on.  I have a feeling he might have gone through the ice trying to cross it.   

If he is somewhere in the woods, it will be a long time now before anyone has a chance of fnding him.  We just got another 10 inches of snow and have more coming in on Saturday. 

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

possumal

That's really sad news. I know we all held out hope for this fellow.  It is especially hard for his family at this time of year.  They remain in all our prayers.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff