• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Sunday nite coyote

Started by lankrod, December 25, 2007, 09:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lankrod

Hooked up with Larry Sunday nite for some calling. Made a call right before dark, then hunted under a full moon till after midnite. Called a bobcat on the first stand. Second stand had a pair of coyotes coming hard within minutes of the call, and couldn't get them before they winded us. Kept calling and about five minutes later, caught eyes faaar out heading downwind. Couldn't get a shot before he got the wind. A few stands later, at a location we've only called once before (last year) we had a pair come in hard, once again, within the first minute or two of the stand. Larry knocked this female down. I couldn't get the second to stop for a shot. Last stand of the nite had two challenging us from opposite directions and after a long stand, gave up and called it a nite. I'm not a fan of full moon nite time calling - but I might have to change my mind after last nite.

wv_yoter

Jason

securpro

:congrats:  Awh !! He looks so peaceful .   :eyebrow:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

keekee

Sounds like a good time! Congrads on the Coyote and the good times!

Brent

FinsnFur

Good job.
Full moon hunting can be fun, but man I get real nervous confirming my targets.  :holdon:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

jimneye

Nice, how far was the shot and what were you guys shooting?

lankrod

From my vantage point I'm guessing his shot was 30 to 35 yards.  He shoots 3 1/2" winchester 4buck.  I was toting a rifle on that stand and couldn't get on the second one quick enough.  After two stands of hard chargers, I started carrying my shotgun - and we never got another shot.  Last year I only carried a shotgun on the night stands, and had a few hang up out of range that could've been had with a rifle.  It never fails - if you need the rifle, you have the shotgun.  If you need the shotgun, you have the rifle.  That's the great thing about hunting with at least two shooters close to the call, carrying two different weapons - at least we got one of them.

warny

MELSDAD

Congratulations on the coyote, thanks for the picture.

ilcoyote

I have only  been  once  this week and it was with jessie and we had two to come in damn near right up jess pants leg. I try to get it since jess was asleep took a shot but missed. love the full moon hunting.

Frogman

Lankrod,
    Looks like a big one, did you weigh him?

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!