• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Better late than never

Started by securpro, December 30, 2007, 10:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

securpro

A family member gave me a late christmas gift today that I was'nt expecting , A Primos predator master pak with a DVD, HotDog and Ki-Yi calls . Oh yea that ones a + in my book. I am not very good at blowing calls yet but I have been practicing with the Antler call I got from BradH. Tonight I decided to try and locate some coyotes and see what happens. First I started with the Antler call and BAMB coyotes were howlin like crazy  :eyebrow: ( just what I imagined this call would do )  Second set I used the HotDog, I gave it about five min and tried again using the HotDog along with a Foxpro Fx-3 kinda in a serinade, BAMB all hell broke loose !  I think that one located every coyote and dog in the county.  :shck:  I have alot to learn about this stuff and its going slow but boy is it fun  :yahoo: Third set I howled and howled and howled and nothin  :wo: Oh well I'll try again some other time.   
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

FinsnFur

They all busted ya and by the third round they were all just north of Dodge  :roflmao:

No seriously, sounds like ya had fun. Git after em! :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

I have one of Brad's antler calls too.  Amazing what it can do.   Sounds like you had a good time.  The Primos calls are very serviceable calls.   I was sent one of the first KiYi's that came out, I still have it.   I should use it more.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Omega47

Those primos calls are pretty good.  In fact, other than a couple Knight & Hale calls, I've tossed just about every other reed call I had and just use the calls that came in your set, plus the Primos big bugle howler.   The Primos and a couple K&H are the only reed calls I've bought that actually get the dogs to respond, and I've spent close to $600 this year on reed calls.  Half the ones I've bought, even the expensive custom ones, don't even work because the reeds bind up or aren't tuned right.  You have a good collection there, now practice and have some fun  :wink:

Frogman

Hey guys, I have the Hot Dog and find it difficult to blow.  I'm still learning and would appreciate any tips.  Seems like I can get the call to work fine here at the house, but when I get out it locks up or I get inconsistent howls that vary in notes.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Omega47

Quote from: Frogman on January 02, 2008, 03:22:52 PM
Hey guys, I have the Hot Dog and find it difficult to blow.  I'm still learning and would appreciate any tips.  Seems like I can get the call to work fine here at the house, but when I get out it locks up or I get inconsistent howls that vary in notes.

Jim

What's the temp when you are out?  A lot of these reed calls freeze up in cold temps.  I have that problem with some Critter Buster howlers.

Sometimes you can adjust the reeds in the field to adjust for the temp changes.  Also, you might want to try keeping it in an inner pocket when not in use.