• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

gun tape

Started by northern coyote, January 02, 2008, 07:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northern coyote

I just bought a couple of rolls of H.S. no mar gun tape and I was wondering what everyone else's views were of this product in terms of both helping to "hide" the gun and also in protecting it from the elements ( I already read the warnings on soaking the gun)

I'm learnin' and I've got nothin' but time

HaMeR

If it's the cloth type I use it on my shotgun barrel for turkey season. But if it rains like it did this past spring I leave it off cuz it comes off anyway. :shrug:  If it leaves a sticky residue when removed I wipe that off with WD40 & paper towels. I've found it won't take the abuse I give the gun during crow hunts either. It starts coming loose from the chamber forward. :shrug: :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

northern coyote

thanks, I'll keep that in mind as it is none to stable weather wise and there is always a possibility to get a little wet fromo melting snow off of the tree limbs
I'm learnin' and I've got nothin' but time

Todd Rahm

I used it every year until the white stuff became hard to find up here. Then I switched over to the white vet tape wrap they use for horses and such. It seems to be working out fine so far.