• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

predator pile

Started by bowslinger, January 02, 2008, 08:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCP

To quote Semp here
Quotestarting to look a lot like fishing lures.  They catch mostly fishermen and coyote hunter wanna-be's.

I agree 100%

It may or may not help some. I feel it is a gimmick to lure new or lazy coyote hunters to buy there product.  I am old school I call coyotes. I hunt from the ground and use mostly hand calls daytime only. I leave night hunters, bait pile hunters,dog hunters ,trappers, road hunters and stalkers to coyote killers. Nothing wrong with being a coyote killer but I am a coyote caller I hunt him in the day I hunt him from the ground with calls nothing else. It is a challenge that I enjoy.

If they came out with a bait pile or sound that guaranteed a coyote every time I would not use it. I don't get my kicks from killing coyotes I get my kicks from fooling him to come to me when it is at his hardest. (Daytime)

I scout and find where the coyotes are I then find a way to get them to where I can shoot or film them. ( this is called hunting)

One last thing I don't bash how another's hunt  and think everyone should hunt the way they want BUT, like I said DON'T try and put yourself in the same category as me while doing all the hoodoo shit.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jrbhunter

Still kicking Danny, glad to see you around as well.  It is that busy time of year, despite warm and rainy weather I'm still getting some hunting in.  Seems the only time I crank out some stands and kill coyotes lately is on a national holiday- I guess whoever is in charge of the weather only gives us decent hunting Monday thru Friday now?  LOL!

Quote from: Bopeye on January 03, 2008, 07:31:17 PM
It might help someone that actually hunts during the daytime hours and tries to call them in close rather than lobbing a M203 grenade launcher at them.......... :rolleye:

Since I'm primarily a day hunter, and live in some of the tightest terrain in the Midwest, I'll throw my .02 cents on that comment.   Misting and/or Shisting (I call dibs on that term) should have the same impact or lack thereof during daylight or nighttime conditions.  I'd suspect this technique, however, would be less effective on a coyote crossing it at 20 yards than it is at 200 yards.  These tight quarters coyotes don't like surprises, and I don't trust any of them once they roll that nose up in the air.   Maybe OneCoyote will throw in some more info on his experience with the baiting method... but I'd see it being more of an asset when used as a non-food-value bait that draws coyotes into a specific area.  In some cases this could simplify the process of locating resident coyotes, and it's a helluva lot easier than dragging kill piles here there and yonder.

PS: Here's the best result I've ever seen from misting in the Midwest... and I wasn't all that impressed.

CCP, that's an interesting observation you have about night hunting being... coyote killing.   Just why is night hunting so easy?

onecoyote

First off, night time predator hunting ain't all that easy if you don't know how to play the game, like anything else. I'm lucky I've been able to hunt both day and night, the only reason night time seems to be the best time is thats when most predators are on the move looking for food. It also depends on the terrain you hunt and how many predators are in that terrain.....................My puter is messing up, B back Later.

keekee

QuoteI leave night hunters, bait pile hunters,dog hunters ,trappers, road hunters and stalkers to coyote killers

Trapping Coyotes in numbers isnt a easy task either. And there is allot of skill to trapping as well. And allot of hard work!

Brent

studabaka

I agree that the more tools and techniques you forego, the more challenging the task...... though anyone operating within the regs is ok in my book. I like to try and experience a wide variety of approaches and while I enjoy some approaches more than others and am challenged differently by each......  :wo: I never considered myself a 'killer'.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

CCP

:confused: I think what I was trying to say and what got relayed to words on a screen seem to be two different things.

Instead of writing a long reply to try and explain I will try to leave it short.

In no way do I think that the way I may hunt takes more or less skill than the way someone else hunts. I have enjoyed Trapping, Night hunting,tree stand hunting,gut piles and spot and stalk in the past. If I am called to a problem coyote that needs to be killed I will use any and all means to kill it including a combination of all the above. When I set out to kill a coyote I am a killer that is what my goal is to kill the coyote.

When I call coyotes my goal is to call coyotes killing is second and in many cases not even an option.

Quotethough anyone operating within the regs is ok in my book

Same here Stu, I think hunters should hunt and enjoy every type hunting as long as they follow the rules. Everyone is different this is why we have coyote hunting websites devoted to running coyotes with dog's. Trapping websites, night hunting websites and boards like these that have talks on a combo of all.

To answer the original question in a better way.

I have not used this product and don't know anyone personally that has. I have read a few things about it on line and in my non professional opinion  I believe it to be a gimmick to catch coyote hunters. If anyone has any experience with the product I would be interested in hearing about it also.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

THO Game Calls

Well, I am going to buy some.   

The next time my "neighbors" park in my driveway, I'm gonna leave them a little present in their back seat  :) 

I'll let you know how it works.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bopeye

I don't see where CCP called anything easier or harder........  :huh: He just simply stated the way he likes to hunt them.

As far as being a "killer" of coyotes....... :wo: You dang skippy I'm a "killer" of them......every chance I get.  :biggrin:

However, in lieu of not being a good student of sensitivity training I will fore go the word "killer".  :sneer:
Okay, my political correctness is done.  :readthis:

I am a "dispatcher" or "harvester" or 'terminator' or maybe even just a lucky SOB, but I do like my way of hunting. If anyone does NOT like the way I hunt..........I got a BIG BOOTY.....pucker up........ :eyebrownod:

Now for the "anal retentive" as of late. I love you guys...........now BITE ME and then go kill something......It'll make ya feel better.  :yahoo: :thumb2:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

THO Game Calls

Harvester?

Sheesh you sound like a farmer.

Terminator?

I aint even gonna go there.

Dispatcher?

What you work for 911 now?

You are a stone cold coyote killing machine.   A legend in the south lands.  The Lord of the Thicket, Master of the Hardwoods, Prince of the Plains, and all around good guy,

At least that's what you told me last time we talked.

Al

Go ahead, HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT  I can take it.

studabaka

:roflmao: :roflmao:

I'm thinking Al may be on to the true market for this product.

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Bopeye

Quote from: studabaka on January 04, 2008, 06:51:41 PM

I'm thinking Al may be on to the true market for this product.

PRODUCT? I didn't know there was a market for BS........... :roflmao:

Al...........here's some jet fuel for those chilly nights. Makes ya warm all over....... :wink: Cleans tools as well. Makes good paint thinner....
This stuff is peach flavored.............for medicinal purposes only.

FinsnFur

Guy's so ugly he has to sneak up on a mason jar  :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

HaMeR

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :thumb2:

DRINK ME!!!

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

newbomb

Been a long time since I had any good "medicine". Wish I knew a guy that could get me some of that! :innocentwhistle:

THO Game Calls

I'm still trying to figure out if that jar is filled with a gaseous or liquid substance.

Knowing Bopeye, I figure either one could kill ya.

AL

Bopeye

I got a gallon of it for "Christmas presents"....... :eyebrownod:

That is some smooth cough medicine............. :eyebrow:

It's liquid THO........ I'm having trouble with a cough right now......... :wink:

Bopeye

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 04, 2008, 07:52:02 PM
Guy's so ugly he has to sneak up on a mason jar  :roflmao:

Oh yeah.........almost forgot........ BITE ME JIMBO!!!  :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers