• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Shop Talk - Lets see some pictures of home shops.

Started by Buckrun, January 05, 2008, 05:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

HaMeR

Very creative alpenliter!! Those are nice. I'll get into those too eventually. :wink:

Thanks Lucas!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Buckrun

HaMeR  Are those perfume bottles? They look cool. So do the pens. I work with a guy that is really big into making pens. I only have seen one that he has made though. Didn't hold a candle to yours though. Amy shop is worth bragging about! :yoyo: Does the Jet lathe come with a chuck for the headstock? 3 or 4 jaw?

Those bottle stoppers are cool also. What kind of lathe do you have?

I have been thinking about making some turning mandrills. They would be about 12" long or so. You would mount one end in a chuck and the other end would be tapered for a live center in the tailstock. The one I made for my calls is 1/2" in the center then it steps to 5/8", 3/4" 7/8" then 1". I think those were the measurements. The different sizes were for different types of calls. Predator, coon squaller,  crow, mini doe bleat, buck grunt and I was going to try to come up with a owl hooter. They would be steel but not hardened. So they would bend if someone was really heavy handed in their turning. What do you think?

Steve