• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Adios Foxpro!

Started by Skoal38, January 18, 2008, 07:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skoal38

In case you hadn't noticed, Les Johnson is now sponsored by Legacy Sports and Minaska game callers.  He started off by taking third at St. Francis.  Some new guy named Murray Burnham also joined the Minaska field staff.

FinsnFur

Les Johnson used to be die hard Fox Pro supporter. Wonder what happen there....maybe he met Byron.  :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyotehunter_1

:roflmao: :hahaha: :laf:   ---> --->     "Wonder what happen there....maybe he met Byron."

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Skoal38

Ya think?  I heard it was really ugly.  But I'm glad to see Les got new sponsors and is filming his third season.

FinsnFur

Jeff and Les are good people. I've only had phone conversations with Les, and that was back when he was in his early stages. He was as down to earth, as anyone could ask for.

Now that Les is labeled as the only Coyote Calling "Triple Crown" Winner in the World he still doesnt seem to have lost his tact.
I wish him the best. He deserves it, and he earns it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Jimmie in Ky

I have been watching his show every saturday night. A few things bopther me , but it is pretty good. He shows it all not just the kills. He could do a bit more to help the newbie , but hay it's only 30 minutes and they pay him for the entertainment. He do have me thinking about looking into a new shotgun though  :biggrin: Jimmie

LBLDOG

Is this show on the OUTDOOR Channel and if so what is it called? I have a new shotgun and its a new MOSSBERG 535 turkey gun with a red dot on it  and its mean on the yotes :yoyo:

Jimmie in Ky

Sportsman channel at 7 pm  saturday on mine. Lagacysports is hte maker of his I think
Jimmie

securpro

:confused: Is the sportsmans channel on dish or cable, cant find it on direct tv?? :shrug:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

browning204

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 19, 2008, 10:04:59 AM
Les Johnson used to be die hard Fox Pro supporter. Wonder what happen there....maybe he met Byron.  :roflmao:

hahaha....

I was looking araound on some Rifle makers sites and I went to Remington, I noticed that they now make an AR style rifle so I clicked to check it out.

On that page was Byron holding that rifle and he was quoted as saying how good the rifle is and He hunts coyote for a living so he should know and blah blah blah.

I clicked off of that page (after a chuckle) and said to myself, thats one maker I won't take seriously in my quest for another rifle...
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

Skoal38

Mike, you mean you wouldn't consider any remington because of their association with South?  Or just the R-15?

onecoyote

Don't you guys think it may be about something called money? That's how they make a living, and by the way nothing wrong with that is there?
I've met Les, Byron and Murry, they are not the bad guys nor is Remington. I'd be watching the people in office and watch who you vote for next, not the three guys I just mentioned.

CCP

I agree just because Byron or anyone else promotes a product don't make it a bad product. I think the CO. that owns Remington also owns Bushmaster and DPMS so it is probably made by one of them. I would like to put my hands on one and see how it does.

If I was asking how to hunt coyotes in the East I would not ask Byron. If I was asking about bullets and AR's killing coyotes I might ask him. He does kill a lot of coyotes in his neck of the woods with AR's so he has seen there effect on coyotes.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

browning204

Quote from: Skoal38 on January 20, 2008, 09:01:44 AM
Mike, you mean you wouldn't consider any remington because of their association with South?  Or just the R-15?

After re-reading my post, it does sound weird. What I mean is, if I was looking for that type of rifle, that plug from Byron would not make me want to look at that rifle closer.

And yes, I know it is called making money and we all need it. But you don't have to treat people like a$$holes to get it. Like Byron does. He has treated alot of good guys very poorly. I never liked him, even before I heard the stories about how he treats people and his little girlie meltdown at the award ceremony.

browning204

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 19, 2008, 10:04:59 AM

Maybe it is because of what Byron did to Les or should I say, how he treated Les. Since Byron is connected to foxpro, Les coulda jumped ship.

Thats just my guess.

Skoal38

There are plenty of guys who just hunt and spend money, manufacturers  who make outdoors products for a profit, and magazines that write to inform and sell ad space.  Les probably works long days trying to produce 26 shows per season for not much money.  I like to hunt as much as the next guy, but I sure wouldn't want to rely on product endorsements for a living.  This isn't golf or basketball.

possumal

I don't know for sure, but I would conclude that Les Johnson got a deal he liked with new sponsors. I don't know if that condemns his past sponsors or not.  He is not the first well known coyote hunter to switch sponsors.  As to his show, it is on The Sportsman Channel and is not part of the Outdoor Channel.  You can go to The Sportsman Channel's site, and click on a link to ask your tv provider to include the Sportsman Channel in their lineup.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

keekee

I haft to agree. Who's name is on a product wont stop me from buying a product. Were all in this for one reason and that's to call and kill predators. If a product is good enough it don't need to have some big name attached to it to sell it to me.

Good example, I build calls but I also use several other call makers calls and the AP-6 is one of my go to calls as well. Sometimes we need to think about things and we are all out there for the same reason and that's to take advantage of what the good lord gave us and be out there calling predators and taking in the great outdoors!

Brent

FinsnFur

Quote from: keekee on January 20, 2008, 05:23:05 PM

Were all in this for one reason...

Sometimes we need to think about things and we are all out there for the same reason

Brent

Granted I took that out of context but, but I have to disagree with a little of it. There's some people in it strictly for the cash....and it's blatantly obvious.
Were actually the prey and they become the predator.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

keekee

Im not going to say that some of these are not out to pick your pocket but anyone who has a buisness related to hunting or any other sport is in buisness to make money! And by paying someone to promote your products you are advertizing. So your going to go with someone who can sell your related product to the people in that sport area.

Brent