• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by coyote101, February 06, 2008, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

"And now, without having wearied my friends, I hope, with detailed scientific accounts, theories, or deductions, I will only say that I have endeavoured to tell just the story of the adventure itself." - Joshua Slocum
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

And I think Barry has done so nicely.  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

"A gift consists not in what is done or given, but in the intention of the giver or doer." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it." - Pope John Paul II
NRA Life Member

alscalls

But ya gotta use it to keep it up to date.... :biggrin:   :laf: :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

coyote101

There is something in the Olympics, indefinable, springing from the soul, that must be preserved. - Chris Brasher
NRA Life Member

pitw

Yeah the East German female swim suits  :laf:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

coyote101

"They played well. There wasn't much we could do... I think we're a good team but in curling anything can happen. One shot can make or break the game." - Jamie Johnson
NRA Life Member

bambam

:whew: :whew: I finally made it through all 51 pages !!  Lots of great quotes there coyote101. Thanks.

coyote101

"Soon after, I returned home to my family, with a determination to bring them as soon as possible to live in Kentucky, which I esteemed a second paradise, at the risk of my life and fortune." - Daniel Boone
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"There are no pleasures in a fight but some of my fights have been a pleasure to win." - Muhammad Ali
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson   
NRA Life Member

Dave

Hard to believe he could've written that over 200 yrs ago, and not in the last 2 months!

coyote101

"Any political party that includes the word 'democratic' in its name, isn't." - Patrick Murray
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"The best inheritance a parent can give his children is a few minutes of his time each day." - O. A. Battista
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"A conference is a gathering of important people who singly can do nothing, but together can decide that nothing can be done." - Fred Allen
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Every human being must find his own way to cope with severe loss, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method he chooses." - Caleb Carr
NRA Life Member

HaMeR

Appropriate enough Pat.  :wink:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

"The contest for ages has been to rescue liberty from the grasp of executive power." - Daniel Webster
NRA Life Member