• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by coyote101, February 06, 2008, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

"My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it." - Clarence Budington Kelland
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"Every mother generally hopes that her daughter will snag a better husband than she managed to do...but she's certain that her boy will never get as great a wife as his father did." - Anonymous
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Fanatic is often the name given to people of action by people who are lazy." - Bryant H. McGill
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"There have been some friendships lost over this. That's the most difficult for me. I find it very uncomfortable to know that I was at one time close friends with someone, and because of jealousies and misunderstandings and so on, these friendships have dissolved." - Donald Johanson
NRA Life Member

weedwalker

Very fitting quote. It could have been posted elsewhere on here and fit right in.

coyote101

"The graveyards are full of indispensable men." - Charles de Gaulle
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"If you can talk brilliantly about a problem, it can create the consoling illusion that it has been mastered." - Stanley Kubrick
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"At no time are we ever in such complete possession of a journey, down to its last nook and cranny, as when we are busy with preparations for it." - Yukio Mishima
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses." - Johann Kepler
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"For now more than ever, we must keep in the forefront of our minds the fact that whenever we take away the liberties of those we hate, we are opening the way to loss of liberty for those we love." - Wendell Willkie
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Senator Barry Goldwater
NRA Life Member

jdbp

Its so hard to keep up with you!

coyote101

"Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." - Alphonse Karr
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"I'm off to save the universe again. It's a tough job but someone has to do it, and I'm glad it's me." - Lexa Doig

I'm off to Canada for a week. I may have internet at the motel in Eau Claire tonight, but I'm not sure. So no quotes for a while unlesss someone else feels like putting something up. Either way wish me luck and I'll be back on the evening of the 11th.

Pat
NRA Life Member

KySongDog

Good luck, Pat!   A fishing trip??  Catch a bunch!  Say hello to Barry for me too.   :laf:

alscalls

I pray for less rain this year for ya!  Have fun and of course.......... dont forget the camera...... :eyebrow:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Have a great trip Pat and for the love of Pete keep your mouth shut at our border crossing station :innocentwhistle: unless of course you want them to clean the van for you like I did :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

hunt190

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breath away" Tollie Jordaan

coyote101

"It may be that the satisfaction I need depends on my going away, so that when I've gone and come back, I'll find it at home." - Rumi
NRA Life Member