• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by coyote101, February 06, 2008, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

"How well I have learned that there is no fence to sit on between heaven and hell. There is a deep, wide gulf, a chasm, and in that chasm is no place for any man." - Johnny Cash
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"We're learning with our experience with wolves in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming how difficult it is to deal with the major predators." - Gale Norton
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"Revenge... is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion." - Albert Schweitzer
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"In the middle of the journey of my life I awoke in a dark wood where the true way was wholly lost." - Dante Alighieri
NRA Life Member

bootmud

Hey, I know where this  Dante Alighieri guy is coming from.  I awake with wood all the time myself.

Sorry I just had to do it. :laf: :laf: :laf:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

vvarmitr

Enjoy it while you can young feller. When you get my age there're are 3 things ya don't wanna do.

#1 Don't pass a bathroom!

#2 Don't trust a fart!

#3 Don't waste a wood when ya get it!

:sad:

KySongDog

Quote from: coyote101 on April 30, 2008, 05:44:08 AM
"In the middle of the journey of my life I awoke in a dark wood where the true way was wholly lost." - Dante Alighieri

Uh...Umm...Fellas.....if you guys are waking up with dark wood, is his name Bubba?

:roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:

coyote101

"There is an eagle in me that wants to soar, and there is a hippopotamus in me that wants to wallow in the mud." - Carl Sandburg
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"To bathe a cat takes brute force, perseverance, courage of conviction - and a cat. The last ingredient is usually hardest to come by." - Stephen Baker
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"A lion's work hours are only when he's hungry; once he's satisfied, the predator and prey live peacefully together." - Chuck Jones
NRA Life Member

coyote101

I'll be gone in the morning, so I'm posting Sunday's quote today.  This one is for the call makers - you guys amaze me.

"Make the workmanship surpass the materials." - Ovid
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"You can't hold a man down without staying down with him." - Booker T. Washington
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
NRA Life Member

vvarmitr

Boy, I really liked those last two Pat!  :congrats:  :congrats:

coyote101

"These are times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman." - Thomas Paine
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"The thinner the ice, the more anxious is everyone to see whether it will bear." - Josh Billings
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Liberty for wolves is death to the lambs." - Isaiah Berlin
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"It ain't ignorance that causes all the trouble in this world. It's the things people know that ain't so." - Edwin Armstrong
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"We climb to heaven most often on the ruins of our cherished plans, finding our failures were successes." - Amos Bronson Alcott
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"A clear cold morning with high wind: we caught in a trap a large gray wolf, and last night obtained in the same way a fox who had for some time infested the neighbourhood of the fort." - Meriwether Lewis
NRA Life Member