• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by coyote101, February 06, 2008, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

Are you saying or implying that you're a fool or an idiot? If so, it came from your keyboard not mine. Follow along with the postings since Jim, and you'll see I was on topic.  :biggrin:

FOsteology

Interesting Valentine's trivia:

During the Middle Ages, the belief that birds chose their mates on St. Valentine's Day led to the idea that boys and girls would do the same. Up through the early 1900s, the West Virginia hill people in the eastern United States thought that birds and rabbits started mating on February 14, a day for them which was not only Valentine's Day but Groundhog Day as well.

In the Middle Ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who their valentines would be. They would wear these names on their sleeves for one week. To wear your heart on your sleeve now means that it is easy for other people to know how you are feeling.

Valentine's Day is big business. Consumers will spend an average of $77.43 on Valentine's Day gifts this year. E-commerce retailers expect to rack up about $650 million in sales of food, candy, flowers, and other Valentine's Day gifts. Of that amount about $350 million will be for gifts and flowers and another $45 million will be spent on food (including chocolate) and wine.

alscalls

Quote from: FOsteology on February 14, 2011, 07:31:58 AM
Are you saying or implying that you're a fool or an idiot? If so, it came from your keyboard not mine. Follow along with the postings since Jim, and you'll see I was on topic.  :biggrin:

Just the internet........ :shrug:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FOsteology

Quote from: alscalls on February 14, 2011, 12:28:25 PM
Quote from: FOsteology on February 14, 2011, 07:31:58 AM

Just the internet........ :shrug:

Exactly. So don't be thinned skinned.  :wink:

coyote101

"A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller." - Edward Hoagland
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"Boys will be boys, and so will a lot of middle-aged men." - Kin Hubbard
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is its inefficiency." - Eugene McCarthy
NRA Life Member

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

"Saying nothing... sometimes says the most." - Emily Dickinson
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"What is sport to the cat is death to the mouse." - German Proverb
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't." - Blaise Pascal
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"What is permissible is not always honorable." - Marcus Tullius Cicero
NRA Life Member

KySongDog

True but Mark Antony cut off Cicero's hands and head anyways. 

coyote101

"I do hope that our spring will be starting shortly and we will all be able to enjoy some sunshine again." - Lesley Garrett
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about." - Miguel de Unamuno
NRA Life Member

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

coyote101

"If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?" - Abraham Lincoln
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"They've got us surrounded again, the poor bastards." - Creighton W. Abrams, Jr
NRA Life Member

KySongDog

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now.   We've finally found him.   We're surrounded.   That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them." â€" Col. Chesty Puller; November 1950, during Chosin Reservoir campaign, Korean war

coyote101

"I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, 200-shot range model air rifle!" -Ralphie 
NRA Life Member