• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by coyote101, February 06, 2008, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." -Fred Allen
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"I was lucky enough to know exactly what I wanted to do when I was growing up. I think one of the hardest things to figure out in life is what your calling is, and what truly makes you happy - not what you want to work at, but what you want to do." - Scott Foley
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"It is a wise man who said that there is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals." - Felix Frankfurter
NRA Life Member

vvarmitr

Felix Frankfurter was a German weenie!

coyote101

The NRA Convention is in Louisville today through Sunday. Here is one from the late Charlton Heston, past President of the NRA:

...I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom... - Charlton Heston

Times for gun owners are going to get tough after the next elections. The NRA does more to protect the rights of ALL gun owners than any other organization. If you're not a member, you should give serious consideration to joining. Your guns may depend on it!

Pat

NRA Life Member

Frogman

You got that right Pat!!!!
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

coyote101

"War is the course that our enemies have chosen. And I say let us give them all they want." - General William T.  Sherman
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right." - Thomas Paine
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"There's what we expect bears to do and then there's what they do. Sometimes the two don't match." - Joe Clark
NRA Life Member

FinsnFur

Same  goes for teenagers :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." - Gerald R. Ford
NRA Life Member

HaMeR

And it seems to be ringing true now too.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

"In wilderness I sense the miracle of life, and behind it our scientific accomplishments fade to trivia." - Charles Lindbergh
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"We are no longer happy so soon as we wish to be happier." - Walter Savage Landor
NRA Life Member

coyote101

This one goes to my wife, for putting up with me for twenty-seven years:

"A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year." - Paul Sweeney
NRA Life Member

coyote101

I'll be gone for the weekend so here is a quote for Saturday. I probably won't be back until sometime Monday. I hope everyone has a safe and blessed Memorial Day.

Pat

"Memorial Day this year is especially important as we are reminded almost daily of the great sacrifices that the men and women of the Armed Services make to defend our way of life." Robin Hayes-
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"137 years later, Memorial Day remains one of America's most cherished patriotic observances. The spirit of this day has not changed - it remains a day to honor those who died defending our freedom and democracy." - Doc Hastings
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"My uncle is a Southern planter. He's an undertaker in Alabama." - Fred A. Allen
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Fish die belly upward, and rise to the surface. Its their way of falling." - Andre Gide
NRA Life Member