• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by coyote101, February 06, 2008, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

"Strong people don't put others down.....they lift them up." - Michael P. Watson
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"I do not like to get the news, because there has never been an era when so many things were going so right for so many of the wrong persons." - Ogden Nash

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to beâ€"or to be indistinguishable fromâ€"self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” - Neal Stephenson
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"I make mistakes; I'll be the second to admit it." - Jean Kerr
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"There are some people who always seem angry and continuously look for conflict. Walk away; the battle they are fighting isn't with you, it is with themselves." - Unknown
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted." - Aldous Huxley

NRA Life Member

coyote101

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad." - Aldous Huxley

NRA Life Member

coyote101

"God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with him." - Jim Elliot

NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will only cause permanent psychological damage." - Anonymous
NRA Life Member

Dave

Olegreyfox needs to see this one.

coyote101

"Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows." - Unknown
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Opportunities look a lot like work." - Ashton Kutcher
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those that speak it." - George Orwell
NRA Life Member

coyote101

" Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are." - John Wooden
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong." - Oscar Wilde
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke." - Will Rogers

NRA Life Member

coyote101

"All the people like us are We, and everyone else is They." - Rudyard Kipling
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
NRA Life Member

Okanagan

MSM would hear Jefferson's comment and label him a redneck right wing militant racist with low intelligence-- instead of arguably the smartest and most sophisticated politician and thinker in American history.

I said to an exceptionally astute Englishman I once worked with that the European social democracies are like poodle dogs in an airline cage, with someone to feed them and care for them.  The US is a curly wolf who runs free on the mountains with no one to feed or care for her.  She is dangerous to herself and to others but she has produced the richest, strongest most envied nation on earth.