• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by coyote101, February 06, 2008, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

"Generosity during life is a very different thing from generosity in the hour of death; one proceeds from genuine liberality and benevolence, the other from pride or fear." - Horace Mann
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." - Saint Thomas Aquinas
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"Becoming a father is easy enough, but being one can be very rough." - Wilhelm Busch
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"I wish it to be remembered that I was the last man of my tribe to surrender my rifle." - Sitting Bull
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Educators take something simple and make it complicated. Communicators take something complicated and make it simple." - John C. Maxwell
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Liars share with those they deceive the desire not to be deceived." - Sissela Bok
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"We start therefore with a strong presumption that the Second Amendment right is exercised individually and belongs to all Americans." - Antonin Scalia, U.S. Supreme Court Justice
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Action speaks louder than words, but not nearly so often." - Mark Twain
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous." - Aristotle
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books." - John Lubbock
NRA Life Member

bootmud

www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

coyote101

"He who does not bellow the truth when he knows the truth makes himself the accomplice of liars and forgers."
- Charles Peguy
NRA Life Member

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake." - W. C. Fields
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"A mule will labor ten years willingly and patiently for you, for the privilege of kicking you once." - William Faulkner
NRA Life Member

Todd Rahm

Most of us know the mule under its other name "The Wife"  :innocentwhistle:

coyote101

"It is more noble by silence to avoid an injury than by argument to overcome it." - Francis Beaumont
NRA Life Member

Todd Rahm

coyote101

Todd,

Have you ever been in a situation where the BEST thing to say is nothing; but your pride just won't let you do it? So you say something you later regret. And end up "WINNING" an argument that you wish you had never started. Where feelings are hurt, and things are said that can never be taken back. And it all could have been avoided if you had just said NOTHING?

I think it means something like that.

Pat
NRA Life Member

northern coyote

"Confusious say......" just pickin, that was one great definition Coyote101!
I'm learnin' and I've got nothin' but time