• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by coyote101, February 06, 2008, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened or not." - Mark Twain
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." - Chuck Noll

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"O, wind, if winter comes, can spring be far behind?" - Percy Bysshe Shelley

NRA Life Member

coyote101

"As you get older and wiser you realize that when people are given anything without having to earn it (unless they are physically or mentally utterly incapable of earning anything), they become ungrateful and lazy. They also become less happy." - Dennis Prager

NRA Life Member

coyote101

"If all misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own and depart." - Socrates

NRA Life Member

Okanagan

True true.  And if we would only realize this it would make our personal trials more bearable.

I went through several years of difficulty; blind at times, unable to drive for 18 months, half a dozen surgeries, etc....  Once in awhile I would hear of the troubles someone else was having, and decided,  "Lord, I'll take the ones I have."

bambam

Not long ago I would have believed that, but since my step-son died I am not so sure.  :sad:

coyote101

"Stand upright, speak thy thoughts, declare The truth thou hast, that all may share; Be bold, proclaim it everywhere: They only live who dare." - Voltaire
NRA Life Member

Okanagan

Quote from: bambam on December 17, 2013, 05:56:58 PM
Not long ago I would have believed that, but since my step-son died I am not so sure.  :sad:

Sorry to hear of your loss, and of a pain that does not stop.  During my illness, the event that most made me rather keep my troubles than those of someone else was when a friend's 20 year old son was murdered.  That friend would likely have traded his pain for mine.

coyote101

"Good habits formed at youth make all the difference." - Aristotle

NRA Life Member

coyote101

"The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"All men are by nature equal, made all of the same earth by one Workman; and however we deceive ourselves, as dear unto God is the poor peasant as the mighty prince." - Plato

NRA Life Member

coyote101

"The curse of me and my nation is that we always think things can be bettered by immediate action of some sort, any sort rather than no sort. " - Plato
NRA Life Member

Okanagan

Quote from: coyote101 on December 29, 2013, 09:03:58 AM
"The curse of me and my nation is that we always think things can be bettered by immediate action of some sort, any sort rather than no sort. " - Plato

I had not realized that Plato was an American!  This trait is a blessing and a curse.

coyote101

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx
NRA Life Member

coyote101

“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.” - Jonathan Swift
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"It is easier to stay out than get out." - Mark Twain
NRA Life Member

coyote101

“Evil preaches tolerance until it is dominant and then and then it seeks to silence good.” â€" Charles J. Chaput, Archbishop of Philadelphia
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"In the general course of human nature, A power over a man's subsistence amounts to a power over his will." - Alexander Hamilton

NRA Life Member

coyote101

"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." - Bertrand Russell
NRA Life Member