• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by coyote101, February 06, 2008, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

I don't know if this has been posted before, always had a copy when I was in the Army.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth fighting for is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.    John Stuart Mills

John

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

coyote101

That's a great one John. Thanks for posting it.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." - Gilbert K. Chesterton
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"The only difference between a dead skunk lying in the road and a dead lawyer lying in the road is that there are skid marks around the skunk." - Patrick Murray
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"And for the season it was winter, and they that know the winters of that country know them to be sharp and violent, and subject to cruel and fierce storms." - William Bradford
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"The charity that is a trifle to us can be precious to others." - Homer
NRA Life Member

coyote101

This has been one of my favorites for years:

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
NRA Life Member

vvarmitr

Now that sure sounds like you Pat!  :wink:

alscalls

No moss on those boots......... :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

coyote101

"The word "good" has many meanings. For example, if a man were to shoot his grandmother at a range of five hundred yards, I should call him a good shot, but not necessarily a good man." - Gilbert K. Chesterton
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"They who forgive most shall be most forgiven." - Josiah Bailey
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"What a distressing contrast there is between the radiant intelligence of the child and the feeble mentality of the average adult." - Sigmund Freud
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days, recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home!" - Charles Dickens
NRA Life Member

coyote101

I'll be at the mother in law's through the weekend. Internet access depends on my nephew showing up with a laptop. If I'm unable to get on for a couple of days, I wish each and every one of you a merry Christmas. May God bless you and your families, and remember, He sent the greatest gift of all.

Pat

9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Luke 2:9-14
NRA Life Member

coyote101

Got my hands on a computer for a couple of minutes. MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  - John 3:16

NRA Life Member

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

coyote101

The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent. - Sam Levenson
NRA Life Member

HaMeR

NO DOUBT!!  :biggrin:

And those of us that are wouldn't have it any other way either.  :wink:    :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas" - Unknown
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Much may be done in those little shreds and patches of time which every day produces, and which most men throw away." - Charles Caleb Colton
NRA Life Member