• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by coyote101, February 06, 2008, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

"Men think highly of those who rise rapidly in the world; whereas nothing rises quicker than dust, straw, and feathers." - Lord Byron
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Does anyone else think that Lord Byron was thinking of our current president?

coyote101

"Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again." - Sarah Ban Breathnach
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"For the man sound of body and serene of mind there is no such thing as bad weather; every day has its beauty, and storms which whip the blood do but make it pulse more vigorously." - George Gissing
NRA Life Member

HaMeR

Man I feel that one more each day. I guess that means I'm getting old doesn't it??!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Wolfwoman

If the truth offends you, by all means avoid it.
If it can be made from fur I can make it!!

Send me a fur and I will made you a hat or mitts for $50

coyote101

"We are beaten, we will make no bones about it; but we are not too badly beaten still to fight." - James Larkin
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"There's no way for me to know, but my best guess, as it must be for everyone, is that other people are pretty much like me." - Daniel K. Moran
NRA Life Member

pitw

I don't find that all the time :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."  - President Gerald Ford

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

"Every normal person, in fact, is only normal on the average. His ego approximates to that of the psychotic in some part or other and to a greater or lesser extent." - Sigmund Freud
NRA Life Member

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

slagmaker

In other words you are unique, just like everyone else.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

coyote101

"The real archer when he goes afield enters a land of subtile delight. The dew glistens on the leaves, the thrush sings in the bush, the soft wind blows, and all nature welcomes him as she has the hunter since the world began. With the bow in his hand, his arrows softly rustling in the quiver, a horn at his back, and a hound at his heels, what more can a man want in life?" - Saxton Pope
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather." - John Ruskin
NRA Life Member

vvarmitr

Apparently John Ruskin wasn't from Ohio.  :doh2:

HaMeR

I have to agree with Mr Ruskin.  :biggrin:  Hell at my age I'm just happy to wake up & see the weather every day!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

"Faith moves mountains, but you have to keep pushing while you are praying." - Mason Cooley
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Nature is one great big wood-chipper. Sooner or later, everything shoots out the other end in a spray of blood, bones and hair." - Doug Coupland
NRA Life Member