• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by coyote101, February 06, 2008, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C. S. Lewis
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Frogman

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 05, 2013, 09:39:28 PM
:eyebrownod: and force it will be  :eyebrow:

Yeah, and Homeland Security just ordered 2300 armored RVs.  Wonder what their plans are for those??  I suppose they need them to help secure the borders, NOT??

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

coyote101

“No one politician should be allowed to judge the guilt, to charge an individual, to judge the guilt of an individual and to execute an individual. It goes against everything that we fundamentally believe in our country.” - Rand Paul
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"No president has the right to say that he is judge, jury and executioner!" â€" Rand Paul
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"The safest road to hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts." - C. S. Lewis
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Getting older is fine. There is nothing you can do to stop it so you might as well stay on the bus." - John Byrne
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Little things comfort us because little things distress us." - Blaise Pascal
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country than the coward who deserts in the hour of danger." - Andrew Jackson
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"I will not sit quietly and let the president shred the Constitution." â€" Rand Paul
NRA Life Member

KySongDog

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." ~ Claire Wolfe

coyote101

"You never fail until you stop trying." â€" Albert Eintein
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"If there were an ounce of courage in this body I would be joined by other senators... saying they will not tolerate this." - Rand Paul
NRA Life Member

Okanagan

Quote from: coyote101 on March 06, 2013, 11:48:58 AM
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C. S. Lewis

One of the most profound quotations I know.  Lord, spare us from those who have good intentions for us and power to force their intentions on us.  I'm a little slow commenting as I've been on the road a lot in the past ten days. 

coyote101

"Happy are those who dare courageously to defend what they love." - Ovid
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"There are no easy answers' but there are simple answers. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right." - Ronald Reagan
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others." - Robert A. Heinlein
NRA Life Member

KySongDog

"Kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home, kill your parents."  ~ Bill Ayers, co-founder of the Weather Underground (a communist terrorist group) and close friend of Barrack Hussein Obama.

coyote101

"Jesus Christ is the beginning, the middle, and the end of all. In the Gospels he walks in human form upon the earth, and accomplishes the work of redemption." - Philip Schaff
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." - Mark Twain
NRA Life Member