• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by coyote101, February 06, 2008, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

"Slightly lower than the angels is a whole lot better than slightly higher than the apes." - Stuart Briscoe
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Bopeye

Quote from: coyote101 on April 13, 2008, 07:39:52 AM
"Slightly lower than the angels is a whole lot better than slightly higher than the apes." - Stuart Briscoe

Yes sir..........couldn't have said it better. However, I know a couple guys here that might be slightly lower than the apes.  :nono:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

coyote101

"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"Behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love!" - Sitting Bull
NRA Life Member

vvarmitr

Sitting Bull said that?  :confused:

Geeze, sounds like he could've worked for Hallmark.  :nono:

coyote101

"You know you've reached middle age when a doctor, not a policeman, tells you to slow down, all you exercise are your prerogatives, and it takes you longer to rest than to get tired." - Unknown
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
- George Washington
NRA Life Member

coyote101

In my deepest troubles, I frequently would wrench myself from the persons around me and retire to some secluded part of our noble forests. - John James Audubon
NRA Life Member

coyote101

I will be gone tomorrow, so I'm going to post tomorrow's quote today.  Have a great weekend.

"Wealth after all is a relative thing since he that has little and wants less is richer than he that has much and wants more." - Charles Caleb Colton
NRA Life Member

Frogman

Coyote101,
       I really like your quotes.  I have always enjoyed good ones.  I look forward to reading yours every day.  Thanks and keep them coming!   :congrats:

One of my favorites:

"A mind is like and umbrella, it works best when it's open."
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

coyote101

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit." - Harry Truman
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free." -Jacques Cousteau 
NRA Life Member

Frogman

Ohh yeah!

I know about this one.  :yoyo:

Quote from: coyote101 on April 21, 2008, 05:13:23 AM
"From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free." -Jacques Cousteau 

I'm a scuba instructor and have made over 1200 dives.   Thus the handle "Frogman".  :biggrin:

Almost as much fun as coyote hunting.    :wink:

Thanks coyote101 for another great quote.   :yoyo:

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

coyote101

That one was for you Jim, I thought you'd like it.

Pat
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion." - William Ralph Inge
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"The weather was fine and moderate. The hunters all returned, having killed during their absence three elk, four deer, two porcupines, a fox and a hare." - Meriwether Lewis
NRA Life Member

northern coyote

the "good ol' days" of history
I'm learnin' and I've got nothin' but time

coyote101

NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." - Dave Barry
NRA Life Member

coyote101

I'll be gone over the weekend. Internet access is questionable. So I'm going to post Saturday and Sunday's quotes today.
Have a great weekend, and good luck to the turkey hunters.

Pat

"There is in every American, I think, something of the old Daniel Boone - who, when he could see the smoke from another chimney, felt himself too crowded and moved further out into the wilderness." - Hubert H. Humphrey
NRA Life Member