• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The Moons Were Aligned Yesterday

Started by DirtyDog, February 10, 2008, 04:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDog

Yesterday was the First Annual West Tennessee Coyote Calling Contest. It was set up by a friend of mine, Randy Prince. He did an outstanding job setting it up. For the first time, there were 41 teams, and 101 people signed up. There were a total of 15 coyotes harvested, and 4 bobcats taken. The TWRA was on hand, and very impressed with the turnout and interest in predator hunting. This was definitely a good thing for the sport in this part of the country. Now for my story.......

It started with Friday night me dropping my cat off at the taxidermist, and going over to my friends house to stay there since we had to get up at 2 to hit the road. The trip was uneventful, but we met Randy at the McDonald's in Milan at 5:45. Had a quick bite to eat, and headed to the first farm. We had dogs barking at us and following us the whole way in, and just left after a few minutes on stand. The second farm found us a double. I took the first one at 30 yards, and George took the second one at around 200 yards. Here is mine.

On the next stand, George had a run in with a skunk, and tried to shoot it, Randy and I couldn't see what was going on, so after the shot, Randy started the yote distress for a few minutes, and then back with the rabbit distress, and after a few more minutes of sitting, I see a bobcat coming coming right to the call. At 25 yards, Randy dropped it in it's tracks. On the next stand, I climbed up an old tree stand that was overlooking a muddy road and a thicket. After about a minute, George turned the caller off, and I see an old boy crossing the muddy road. So I lip squeaked at him. He ended up turning around and headed back to where he came from, so I let him have it.

This was all before 9:30. It was unbelievable, the moons were aligned, and we ended up winning the contest with 3 yotes and one bobcat. Here is our bounty.

MDM

yucca

iahntr

Scott

DirtyDog

Quote from: yucca on February 10, 2008, 04:53:09 PM
Nice showing! What was your prizes?

The prizes were all of the entry fees, minus the cost for the center we used for the weigh in, which was $30. First ended up being $410, second was $250 I think, and third was $125, or around there.

KySongDog

Hey, way to go, Joe!   :congrats:

You're gettin the job done!   :yoyo:

yucca

[/quote]

The prizes were all of the entry fees, minus the cost for the center we used for the weigh in, which was $30. First ended up being $410, second was $250 I think, and third was $125, or around there.
[/quote]

Cool! That will help with some gas.

FinsnFur

Nice job... :yoyo:
Where'd you get those snow white Reebok hunting shoes? I could use a pair for up here in the Artic :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

wv_yoter

Jason

DirtyDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 10, 2008, 05:18:21 PM
Nice job... :yoyo:
Where'd you get those snow white Reebok hunting shoes? I could use a pair for up here in the Artic :wink:

They are K Swiss......and they are way more comfy than the boots that I WAS wearing.  :nono:

HaMeR

Congrats Joe!! You've become a regular coyote killin machine!!  :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Congratulations.  You have to be happy with a day like that.

Jerry

cb223

CHAD

possumal

Sounds like more than the moon was aligned. Great job guys!   :highclap: :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

coyote101

Congratulations to you and your hunting partners. :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Bills Custom Calls

Way to go Joe!!!!!
Man I have some catching up to do
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

CCP

Joe you are doing a heck of a Job :yoyo: :yoyo: You keep them a comin. Love the pics.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bob D

Congratulations  :congrats: That was a great pile of fur. :yoyo:

Jeb

Congrats !!!!!!   :congrats: :congrats:  :congrats:
                          Jeb

canine

Congrats Joe  :yoyo:

Days like that make up for days of dry stands, real quick huh.... :wink:

Good job to all of ya!

JD