• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

had some goodluck today at LBL even though.....................

Started by LBLDOG, February 18, 2008, 04:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBLDOG

My buddy and I headed out this Monday morning to LBL  and got over there right at first light. We got set up and I threw out a couple of female invitations with the FOXPRO and right away they sounded off. I carry a stop watch with me and about 5 minutes in I started hearing the squirrels warning barking so I knew to keep my eyes open. I started hearing the leaves rustling behind me about 30 yards . I look over my left shoulder and the yote is running up the ridge behind me  :madd: no shot but...... my buddy is setting across the fire road from me about 20 yards so I knew the yote was headed for him a down wind shot  :madd: he later tells me no shot went into the thick stuff and dissapears like a magican!!We get up and go to stand 2 and let out some more fem. inv.  and the 3 minute mark  my buddyshoots at  a  big red yote and I didnt even no he was there, this time I was facing down wind  with the caller. I asked my buddy WHAT HAPPENED? he said  I dont know?  I said step it off and he did and it was 32 yards and a lot of his shot hit limbs in the thick stuff ! :madd: :madd: it was a pretty red one .  STAND3  I was walking and my sling came loose and my 12 guage fell off my shoulder and stuck in the mud  :shck:  I took my DEAD COYOTE  choke tube out and got the mud out , I was lucky it only got in the choke !  :congrats:  Today was still a great day at LBL even though I educated  some yotes .  Im going to be a proffesor in educating the yotes if Im not careful .  Ive called 7 in this year and only killed 2. :wo:

coyote101

Way to go!   :highclap: :highclap: At least you're seeing them. So far this year I've called in ?, seen 0 and killed every one I've seen!

What area were you hunting?

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing