• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

FoxPro's new Open Country Caller

Started by FinsnFur, February 24, 2008, 12:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Greenside:  Your words define it perfectly "Someone who tests products and makes recommendations to a company ". I am speaking only for myself, but I am not an employee or a commissioned salesman for Foxpro.  It would be sort of stupid to post a picture and not show the caller and other equipment used.  My Browning A-bolt 243 and my shooting sticks show up in a lot of pictures too, but I am not working for them either.  Sharing techniques and knowledge is what its all about for me, no ulterior motives.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

bigben

greenside

now I wonder though just because I put my foxpro in a picture of a critter I called with that piece of equipment does it mean that I am saying that it is the best?  maybe I just like giving credit where it is due?   :confused:
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

HaMeR

:roflmao:

Rprince-- If I were to do it over I would get the little round ones as opposed to the square ones. I think they might work better.  :wink:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyotehunter_1

I just created this call and am going to market it. I have named it the KKK (Koyote Killer Kaller). Don't ya even think about copying me.   :argh:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Greenside

Rich,
No, not really. The reason is Foxpro Canada and the defense of another field staff that posted some stupid assed pictures of some photo cropped picture of a jack rabbit. Some really funny assed shit in total violation of TOS. At least it got him in one of the later issues of Predator Hunter. LOL

Rich the problem and issues are mostly due to the Field staff of a couple of companies. Ever notice that the Rock River and Brushy etc. have very problems on these boards? Maybe it's the lack of Field Staff jumping in and interrupting dam near every post. That go's with most of the other vendors. be it camo. bipods, etc. The problem is over aggressive Field Staff and until someone comes to the realization that in the end it going to cost them business it's going to continue.

Look out, HS is the sleeping giant. As soon as they recover from the Pimos patent infringement settlement, I'm sure they will be looking for more " Field Staff" Another opportunity for a Free Caller!

The reality is that I already knew what a Olt D2 was way before these boards.  

DirtyDog

Hey Jim......can I change my name to coyotehunter_.05?  :confused:

:roflmao:

coyotehunter_1

Whaaaat ?

Hey Joe... maybe we should go into business together.  :innocentwhistle:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

studabaka

I kinda hear Greenside's 'infomercial' point, but for me, a pretty inexperienced caller, I enjoy hearing the tips, tricks, and opinions of folks like Rich, Al, and others. I own a FoxPro.... is it the best? I couldn't say. Most of the post differentiating them seem more on emotion than anything else so they don't help much. What I do know is this thing is head and shoulders over the 'Johnny Stewart tape in a cassette player' we used 30+ years ago...... though we called stuff with that too. At this point I don't see needing to change manufactures or even upgrade [though some of the newer function is tempting]. What I know is that my ecaller is not the gate to my success at this point. I also know that I don't need the bravado and emotion that is supposedly protecting me from falling for a pig in a polk. Comparative facts are always appreciated, but at the end of the day I decide how and where I spend my money and am satisfied with what I got when I purchased my foxpro. I might also have been satisfied if I had purchased from another manufacturer, but in my case that's just idle speculation.

I sure do hope that we don't drive off folks like Rich and Al and I hope some of their counterparts from other manufactures come and participate as they do. I give them a lot of credit and they have my respect for 'staying on the high ground' in light of the apparrent bull's eyes they have on their backs.

As far as 'joe hunters' including callers in their pics and telling what sounds they used and such....... taking issue with that seems silly to me and kinda defeats the purpose of a 'hunter sharing board'  :wo: We are a hunter sharing board aren't we  :shrug:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

coyotehunter_1

QuoteI sure do hope that we don't drive off folks like Rich and Al and I hope some of their counterparts from other manufactures come and participate as they do. I give them a lot of credit and they have my respect for 'staying on the high ground' in light of the apparrent bull's eyes they have on their backs.

Amen, brother!  :highclap:

vvarmitr

Mr. Field Staffers: As I said before I am through w/ the topic of this thread.
Al: though I don't know much about you , but after today let us say I'll gladly share a set w/ you. Don't really agree w/ ya always, but I'll do a set er two w/ ya.  :biggrin:  :wink:
Rich: If God would ever grant me the opportunity to do a set w/ you.  Well, what can I say ....  :bowingsmilie:  :bowingsmilie:  :bowingsmilie:  ( that's to Him not you  :laf: )

HaMeR: You are the GREATEST!  Thank you for answering  Rprince's question.

Rprince: I wasn't ignoring your question ... I couldn't find HaMeR's #  :doh2:   I wasn't snubbing you at all! sir.

DirtyDog

Quote from: vvarmitr on March 20, 2008, 08:49:02 PM
HaMeR: You are the GREATEST!

Thanks James....I have officially heard everything.  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Jeb

Quote from: coyotehunter_1 on March 20, 2008, 08:16:25 PM
QuoteI sure do hope that we don't drive off folks like Rich and Al and I hope some of their counterparts from other manufactures come and participate as they do. I give them a lot of credit and they have my respect for 'staying on the high ground' in light of the apparrent bull's eyes they have on their backs.

Amen, brother!  :highclap:

I second that !!  :congrats: :congrats:
             Jeb

vvarmitr

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao: Sorry Dirty Joe I hit The "POST" button instead of the "PREVIEW' button.   :doh2:
Maybe I should just go to bed & get ready for 7 days of days.  :rolleye:
Hey, maybe you & I could a couple sets together  too.  :laf:  :wink:   I know, I know, I had the chance, but hey I was working, :nono:

HaMeR

I'da thunk you'da knowd that allreddy!!  :rolleye:

:laf: :laf:

Hey Joe!! Looks like you get to be good ol number 2!!  :eyebrow:

:roflmao: :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

DirtyDog

Back on track here......I think that lots of stuff will work. Just buy what you can afford. I have a preymaster and have called in 2 coyotes the first time I ever used it. I have also killed a few over a Scorpion. They all work, I think the user and how they use the caller has a lot to do with it.

FinsnFur

You guys got half the net over here watching this thread :laf:
Well I guess we know how they spend their time.

Hey by the way... speaking of FoxPro, and a post I made earlier about them being in CaHoots with PM, how you dont dare say anything bad about them for fear of getting banned, bla bla...

How many of you have had your posts of there deleted, and or edited for referring to something on FnF with a link?
Let's see a show of hands. :biggrin:

:doh2: Ok, that aint, I say that aint gonna work.

Well it looks like Foxpro is the only one allowed over there to post links to FnF  :roflmao:
Anyone else gets there posting rights threatened.  :laf:
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=52801105&Main=52777569#Post52801297

I had to take a screen shot of that for future reference. :iroll:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

I've never had my posting rights threatened Jim....  :wo: .... course I ain't much on going to another board, dropping a turd, and then running back here to make a 'hehehe look at me' post  :shrug:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

vvarmitr

Yeah, I noticed that Jimbo.  :nono:   

I also noted how FoxPro side stepped Minaska's challenge.  :wo:

HaMeR

Never had my privileges threatened either. But I gotta be good over there in case a call comes up for sale that somebody just can't live without!!   :innocentwhistle:  :roflmao:

I've never tried to post your link there for fear some of the assholes there would actually stop by here.  :nofgr: You aint layin that one on me you bunch of FnF'ers!!  :wink:   :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com