• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

hey guys have you seen the e-mail going around about Trigg co.

Started by LBLDOG, March 06, 2008, 04:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBLDOG

Iwas at work this morning getting ready to go home and a guy I know said go look at the picture on the board in the breakroom.  :wo: This other guy got a e-mail of a picture of a large cat ( mountain lion, panther,cougar) whatever you prefer to call it  that was hit by a car in Trigg co. didnt kill it and wildlife officers put it down .  The e-mail shows some guy crouched down behind it in a garage and let me tell you it is HUGE!!!!  The cat is a pretty golden color like a california mtn. lion. Ihave heard of diff. ones saying they have seen black panthers but this one by no means was black.

bootmud

LBLDOG,

I saw that email as well at work.  I've never seen a cat that big.  It was huge!  I'll have to look and see if I can find the pic.

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Jimmie in Ky

Would this one be in th LBL portion of trigg ? It is highly possible there. I know they are in th LBL for sure. Jimmie

LBLDOG

Jimmie , it told the hwy. number and I cant remember. I will try to get the e-mail address and give it to you when I go to work tonight.

LBLDOG

I found the cat picture its a hoax , it was killed out west somewhere

Frogman

We had this same rumor here in WV just a week ago.  It's a hoax.   Read this:   

http://www.hurherald.com/cgi-bin/db_scripts/articles?Action=user_view&db=articles_hurherald&id=27669    :readthis:

From this thread on the wvsportsman's site:   

http://wvsportsman.net/smf/index.php?topic=4496.0    :readthis:

I've been dying to use this   :readthis:  smily.   Now three times in one post!   :eyebrow:

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

weedwalker

It was originaly killed near Prescot, Az. Then it's been killed all over the country. I guess they finally killed all 9 lives. :biggrin:

HaMeR

Quote from: weedwalker on March 07, 2008, 01:13:15 AM
It was originaly killed near Prescot, Az. Then it's been killed all over the country. I guess they finally killed all 9 lives. :biggrin:

:confused: Seems to me I read where it was killed in Montanaho. But then the snoops.com site said it was actually a Californoregon cat. Upon further review the truth was finally revealed as I know it. It was actually run over by a big green Deere in the desert area of the Rocky Mountains.  :readthis:

:roflmao: :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Jimmie in Ky

Doesn't surprise me as being a hoax. There are a few around that think any body having seen foolproof evidence of cats in the stat of Ky is an idiot or outright lying. Therefore they dig crap like this and some other stunts I have seen lately , up for haha's.

If I could setup a trail camera that would'nt get stolen I would shut the a holes up for good. I bet I would have the proof in a week. Jimmie

FinsnFur

It's dead and it's BIG!   :shck:
That part aint, I say that part aint no hoax  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DirtyDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 07, 2008, 09:40:32 PM
It's dead and it's BIG!   :shck:
That part aint, I say that part aint no hoax  :laf:

That is true.......

Genevieve

I had to register with the forum to read this thread, so I guess I'll leave a comment. 

I wondered why suddenly I had dozens of visitors to an article about "Big Cat Sightings" on my blog.  They're all coming from searches  for "mountain lion killed Trigg County KY", or similar.  This thread explains why there's a sudden interest in Trigg County cougars.  Thanks for the info.  I've posted a link to the Hur Herald article about the hoax.

jbordy

Quote-It's dead and it's BIG!   
That part aint, I say that part aint no hoax 

That we can not be sure of either :nofgr:.  Did you ever watch the guys catching bass and hold the fish up closer to the camera to make it bigger?  It is amazing what you can do with a computer and software :eyebrow:.  If the guy that started the hoax wanted to make the cat look big it surely wouldn't be hard.  :doh2:
Learn daily and pass it on.