• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

This Weather Sucks

Started by Bills Custom Calls, March 08, 2008, 04:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bills Custom Calls

Got home from work last evening we had about 7 inches of snow on the ground
It started snowing about 9am yesterday morning.the snow tapered off and changed to sleet as dusk came upon us.We had a few flurries between 7pm and 11pm thats when I went to bed.I slept in till 4:30 this morning and woke up to sleet freezing rain and snow 24 degrees,and Thunder storms :confused:

Halle had been at work all day yesterday she made it home just after 9pm Chris worked from 1pm till 8pm
You can still see their tracks in the snow but they are filling up fast now.

We are suppose to have blizzard like conditions today.
March 20th 12days away Come On Spring
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Silencer

I've been watching the weather channel in disbelief.  Some of the places getting snow that's never had it on record !!!!

So far all we've got is rain, besides the flood watches all is good.  I'm tired of shoveling so the rain is a good thing imo.

Side note:  I've noticed the migration back north has started as well.  Just had the dog out and could hear whistling wings coming over the house through the fog.  Got me all jacked up !!!  Think I'm going crow huntin in the rain.

Coulter

Couldn't agree with ya more Bill...I'm sitting here waiting for my partner so we can drive two hours in this nasty crap to go qualify. I thought he just pulled up but it seems that was lightning during a snowstorm :confused: I don't get it...I thought that was called heat lightning - where's the heat :shrug:

Steve

Red Dog

Same here Bill !! Had thunder and rain at 5:30 A.M. Now snowing,calling for 3-6in. Come on Spring :shrug:

keekee

Snowing like a son of a gun here to, freezing rain all night last night. Bad part is I am packing the truck now to leave for Parkersburg, WV. Its going to be a long ride!

They have rain there now, but what we are getting now is headed there way. I dont look for a very good turn out tonight. Forcast for there says 5" today and tonight.

See you all in a couple days!

Brent

northern coyote

I'm learnin' and I've got nothin' but time

Bills Custom Calls

Becareful Brent I was gonna come down but this weather changed my mind

Silencer

Drive safe Brent, keep it between the guardrails !!!

keekee

Well, just got the call, the seminar has been canceled do to the snow storm and roads being closed.

Brent

FinsnFur

Looks like home sweet home to me :yoyo:

Look at it this way, Spring's just around the corner. I'm not sure which corner  :confused: But it's gotta be there.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bootmud

Nothing but rain here in Pa. so far.  The creeks are already full, there will definately be some flooding. 

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Bills Custom Calls

A couple more pics

the first pic was taken at about 5am these pics taken at 11am

Silencer

This has got to be Ole Man Winters last licks, hope you have a blower Bill or a young boy willing to shovel ya out.

bootmud, we're still getting the rain up here in Susq.Co. as well.  Hope it stays rain !!

Brent, least ya didnt have to travel in the slop.  I'm never worried about my own driving, I'm always worried about
the other drivers out there that take risks.

keekee

I agree, it would of took me 5-6 hrs to drive 3!

I think I will spend the eve with the wife and kids!

Brent

Bills Custom Calls

I don't have a snow blower or a young feller either and if ya was gonna shovel this driveway out ya just might want to pack breakfast,lunch,and dinner  :roflmao:

Yes my drive way is a about 1/4 mile long

blackfish

Hay Bill , What are you going to do when winter does get here! :laf: :laf: :laf: :laf: I have been down yer drive way a few times and don't believe Nobody is going to shovel that one ! Stay Warm and in the House Boys!
You don't never wanta do no assumtin' !
            Henry Frapp

Frogman

I was really looking forward to Brent's seminar, but I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt trying to get here.  I just came by the WVU-Parkersburg campus at about 4:00 PM and it was still snowing.  The wind has shifted around now blowing from the West and drifting snow across the roads where they had been cleared off an hour before.  It's really nasty out.  I called one hunting buddy of mine to let him know about the cancelled seminar.  His wife told me he was out coyote hunting in this mess. He is still recovering from the flu.   Now that's a dedicated coyote hunter!  I think I'll follow Brents lead and just stay in this evening.  Maybe watch Brents video again.  Hope they can reschedule the seminar.  I know a lot of us were looking forward to it.  Stay Warm.  Stay safe!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Silencer

ya got a plow on somethin ????????????   jepers creepers !!!    1/4 mile I couldnt shovel for sure, even with all the training mother nature has giving me this year.   

Bills Custom Calls

No plow either.I am probably gonna have to hire it done,but everyone is so busy,by the time I could get it plowed it will be run downand hopefully starting to melt mother nature put it here so I will let her take it away  :laf:

Silencer

Quotemother nature put it here so I will let her take it away 

Amen to that, I've tried it, but if she drops below freezin at night, you're in for a fight indeed !!!  :innocentwhistle: :wink: :biggrin: