• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The First World Predator Hunting Expo

Started by FinsnFur, March 15, 2008, 09:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

Are any of you going to call in the World Contest?

Brent

FinsnFur

No prob Yerry, move your garbage cans outta the driveway though. Had a heck of a time puttin down over there last time  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Quote from: keekee on March 17, 2008, 05:02:55 PM
Are any of you going to call in the World Contest?

Brent

I was but I can't find the number.  :shrug:

:laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

I think it'd be a fun experience,  but a little too much coin just to get my butt kicked at somethin.  :laf:
Scott

DirtyDog

Bop, Chet, and anyone near Nashville........

I have been keeoing my eye on the Soutwest Airlines specials. This morning there were flights from Nashville to Kansas City for $38-$41 one way. However, they were only for May. I am gonna keep my eyes open and let you guys know. I have not yet been able to find a good campground close. So if someone else can help with that, it would be cool.  :yoyo:

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Skoal38

OK.  I read the calling contest entry form.  If this is going to be a real contest, it requires callers to be anonymous and to call from behind curtains.  Brent? are you running the contest?

And since this isn't the '50's anymore, there should also be a fifth division in the contest - electronic.  I would sure like to see the Game Trax, WR, Burnham, Foxpro, Minaska and WT played behind the curtain for the same judges.

George Ackley

it requires callers to be anonymous and to call from behind curtains.

I would think it would be the only way to be fair ,,,,with the Internet, and what go's on on these sight, i would hate to see peoples  dislike for each other come in to play
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

nailbender

DirtyDog,  heres the only thing I found with cabins---------------http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/state_parks/locations/perry

sorry link doesn't seem to work

keekee

QuoteOK.  I read the calling contest entry form.  If this is going to be a real contest, it requires callers to be anonymous and to call from behind curtains.  What a great forum for FoxPro to sell their stuff.  Brent? are you running the contest?

Skoal,

Yes, I am running the contest. I wrote the rules for the contest as well.

To answer your question here is a quote from the rules that are posted here:

http://www.worldpredatorandhuntingexpo.com/contest_rules.html

Quote18 - The judges will not be visible to the callers. The judges will not be able to see the audience

In order to keep this as fair as I could the judges will behind the curtain. This was they cant see the callers or the audience, so the judges will be sectioned off and the only thing they can see is a curtain. The audience will be able to see the callers as they call and will get the full experience of the event, callers emotion and all.

There is also practicing restrictions as well. There will be no calling in front of the judges......

Quote17 - There will be no practicing of calls in the competition room or within hearing range of the judges.

Also here..............

Quote12 - The drawing for the calling positions will be drawn for right after the callers meeting after the judges have been dismissed. Positions for drawing order will be drawn for in the order your registrations are received. There will be no further contact with the judges after this time.

Just so you know the callers will be referred to as to what number they draw to call in. When they are announced my the MC it will be by the number they draw in the callers meeting after the judges are dismissed.

If I can help anymore or answer anymore questions let me know or you are welcome to call me as well.

Brent

Skoal38

You've got your work cut out for you.  If you assume you get anywhere near the 250 contestants you planned and even somehow manage to keep to a strict schedule, those are going to be some long days for the judges.  Most old varmint hunters need to pee twice an hour and are mostly deaf from gunfire.  You going to make them pass a hearing test?

Is anyone recording the performances?  for judge's review...for sale later....for arguments later?

HaMeR

Good Luck Brent & keep em straight!! I know you'll keep a handle on things & make sure it's fair & square!!  :wink:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

keekee

QuoteYou've got your work cut out for you.  If you assume you get anywhere near the 250 contestants you planned and even somehow manage to keep to a strict schedule, those are going to be some long days for the judges.  Most old varmint hunters need to pee twice an hour and are mostly deaf from gunfire.  You going to make them pass a hearing test?

Is anyone recording the performances?  for judge's review...for sale later....for arguments later?

The preliminary rounds will be on Thursday for the adults, and the finals later in the weekend. And there will be breaks in there for the judges and a lunch break if needed. I am working on a schedule of events now. We have 4 days to work it all in. The NWTF does it every year at the Grand Nationals. I will make sure they get to go pee....lol...Things will move fairly fast once the ball gets rolling.

Yes the contest will be recorded. Don't know if it will be for sale or not that's up to Brent R. But were trying hard to get it filmed and aired on TV but we will see what works out.

Thanks HaMer! We are trying hard to make this a first class contest and fair. This is a big task and has taken allot of time and work to put together.

Brent

HaMeR

And I'm quite certain it will be Brent. You wouldn't have it any other way.  :wink:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

That would be way cool if it would get filmed,
and put on TV. 
Scott

BigB

Quote from: nailbender on March 22, 2008, 07:01:23 PM
  DirtyDog,  heres the only thing I found with cabins---------------http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/state_parks/locations/perry

Lake Perry is about 15 minutes Northeast of Topeka.  Got busted there once a looooong time ago for having hard alcohol on state property:doh2:  We didn't get a ticket, but the officer did take our 2 brand new 1/2 gallons of Crown Royal :madd:   :argh:   He said that you could only have beer on State campgrounds :readthis:.  Good thing we had plenty of Bud Light on hand. :biggrin:   I'm not sure what the regulations are there anymore, so you may want to keep the whisky out of sight if ya have it.  We were young and stupid and had the bottles sitting out on the park bench for all to see. :nofgr:

Lake Perry is a nice little scenic area.  It'll be probably around an hour to hour and a half drive to Overland Park.

hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Kuipdog

KC is close enough that I might go check it out. It is about a 4 hour drive from my house. I might get a couple of friends to go with me. I am kinda glad they are holding it in august, that way it is still early and the hunting seasons are just about to start and most of us are just getting geared up for the next hunting seasons. This might be a good thing to go to.

CCP

Got me and Aarons tickets and hotel. We will leave Huntsville AL 6:30am Thursday. Will be in Kansas 10:30am. We will be staying at the motel at the convention center. We will be returning Sunday night.Has anyone else from the board for sure going???
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

DirtyDog

I haven't booked anything yet, but I am pretty damn sure that I will be there.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com