• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Wolf and a wolverine

Started by Tikaani, April 22, 2008, 05:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

I registered here a couple of years ago, but did not have access to a computer for some time.  Forgot about Finsandfur, amazed that I remembered my password. Post occasionally on PM (as Sagalaska) where some may have seen these before. I don't post much but thought you would enjoy these.  They were taken earlier in the season about ten yards apart on the Sagavanirktok River north of the Brooks Range here in Alaska.  I believe the wolf was taken first in an Alaskan #9 then the wolverine came in and was snared.  A very large black wolf was hanging around his trapped partner, but that is an another story.  Have had good success this year other than these two, usually to cold for pictures when you are alone.  Again, will try to post here more often. 

John

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

HaMeR

:shck: I always thought those wolverines had some decent size to em but dang that looks like a big ol critter right there!! It has a very nice coat too.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bopeye

That is AWESOME!!! I'm so glad I pm'd you and got you interested in seeing us again.

Please, I'm begging ya.......please keep posting some pics and stories.. That's fantastic.  :yoyo:

Some of us will never get to see Alaska and stories like yours can give us a little taste.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Brad H

Neat pics!!

Look forward to seeing more too!

Brad

wv_yoter

Burrrrrr that looks cold. Nice pics  :yoyo:
Jason

FinsnFur

Wow, well I'm glad you found your way back.
That's some awesome fur you got there.  :yoyo: :yoyo: absolutely beautiful :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Tikaani

If it had not been for Bopeye noticing that I visited and taking the time to pm me, I probably would not have posted anything.

John

FinsnFur

Oh you mean Bopeye the Fins and Fur mascot :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Coulter

Awesome...Hey if you come across any of those #9's for sale give me a holler. I've been looking for one for a while :eyebrow:

Steve

Tikaani

Sorry, can't pm anyone so have to reply.  Alaskan #9's are still being made in Fairbanks by Al and Neill, who run the tannery.  They are about 110 dollars a piece, may be off on that, have not bought any in a few years.  Use them under certain conditions, use snares whenever possible.  Up north with no trees it is a challenge at times.

John

Hawks Feather

John,

Glad to see you posting and love looking at the pictures.  Just wondering if you and the Wolverine are related.  I noticed the ice on your mustache and his nose too.   :wink:

Jerry

Tikaani

Any likeness I have with a wolverine, according to my wife, is apparently our temperaments are very similar.

John

KySongDog

Hey, great pics!!  And it DO look cold!!  I've always wanted to take a trip to Alaska but never made it.  Maybe some day.

Semp

Bopeye

That trap is BIG! Ya reckon if ya caught a mother-in-law in it, could she get out?  :wo: :huh: :nono:

Temperment like a wolverine...........you kin to me?  :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Tikaani

Looking at your sign, knowing me, good chance of it, my Mom always said I was the milkmans kid. :hahaha:

northern coyote

that is some truley beeeeeutiful fur! I'm gonna try and get an internship up there durin my stay at PSC fo the next 4 years....
I'm learnin' and I've got nothin' but time

Silencer

I dont think I've ever seen a #9, holy cow  :yoyo: !!!!! 

Great pics, I've always wanted to visit Alaska.   Thanks for sharing.

Coulter

Didn't Dean Wilson make those #9's at one point? Do you have any contact info for the guys at the tannery? I've always wanted to go to Alaska too, I intend to do so hopefully in the next few years ;yes;

Steve

Tikaani

You know I am not sure who has been involved in making these traps (formerly known as Mannings) over the years.  I have never met Dean Wilson, but if you have any interest in the history of trapping here you have heard of him among others.  Once I have the ability to pm I will be glad to send any info on these traps.  I am leaving this afternoon for work and the last week of wolf season up north.  Will hunt for them and pull the last of my sets next Wednesday and return to Fairbanks, sometimes I have access to a computer, if not, be back in a week.

John