• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Stupid....but I have to share it

Started by FinsnFur, June 08, 2008, 10:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

You guys know how little girls can be :sad: especially if there your and you dont get to see them everyday due to a divorce or what ever. My 11 year old has been hounding me for a kitten since she was old enough to talk and I've have no part of it since we already had an over sized Golden Retriever in the house.

She even found a stray outside once in the middle of winter and picked it up and brought it home. She knew better then to bring it in the house so instead she stood on the porch with this stray cat, and knocked to get me to come to the door. When I got there and looked out, there she stood looking up at me with these huge leaking blue eyes, tears actually running down her face while wrapping everything her little arms had to offer, around this cat and looking up at me through those wet blurry eyes and forcing the god awfullest smile you could ever imagine.

I thought I was gonna fricken die! I dont know how I did it, but I shook my head no, and walked away from the door. :sad: I couldnt even bear to see her reaction after that.

Here we are two years later and she has some how talked me into breaking down and getting her, her kitten. :innocentwhistle:

I feared for the cats life with this 120lb Golden Retriever owning the house for the last 12 years. This fresh off the tit kitten obviously wanted nothing to do with the dog, and he wanted everything to do with it. :eyebrownod:
I found myself locking the dog up at night so he didnt end up eating it, or stepping on the damn thing :iroll:

It's been three weeks, and I'm so completely amazed at the comradry that has developed between these two I just had to share it with someone :shrug:
Stupid...but completely amazing to me.

If I wouldn'a seen, I'd have never believed it :nono:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Scott

Bopeye

You old softy....... :eyebrownod:

Ya gotta admit......that's some good stuff.  :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

LORDDAL

thoses are some really great pics seems to me your old dog got a new shadow
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

Nelson

That's pretty good Jim.  They will be lifel long buddies.   :yoyo:
You're about 10 feet taller in your Daughters eyes now.

Nelson

Hawks Feather

Jim,

You are a better father than I am to accept a cat, but they are cute pictures.  That is they are cute pictures since they were taken at YOUR house and not MY house.   :biggrin:

Jerry

Carolina Coyote

Well I'm not much of a Cat lover myself but animals somehow know when a new family member has been added and the results you have had is amazing. What a good Dad. :yoyo: :highclap: :congrats: cc

HaMeR

I'm not a cat man either but Diane wanted 2. I caved.  :sad:  I'm still not much of a cat person but I would never abuse somebodies pet. And with that,, they do grow on ya some.  :laf:  I think it's cool they way those two are getting along. Here in a couple months I feel for the person that tries to hurt that kitten too.  :wink: 

BTW-- Here's Diane's youngest cat in Diane's recliner yesterday.   :rolleye:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Silencer

Wish the kids cat and my lab would get along like that.  Great pics Jim !!

Ladobe

Pretty hard not to be a softie Jim when it comes to your kids, especieally a little lady.   Great pictures.   

It's really something how animals seem to find balance even in unlikely relationships.   
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Coulter

Feed it well...they make great coyote bait :biggrin:

That thing is probably cuddled up on your lap when you type away on the keyboard isn't it :roflmao:

Steve

THO Game Calls

I now have 4 cats - feed another 3.  I gave up naming them, they never come when you call them anyway. 

They are sure cute when they are kittens....

But then, one day, you come home to find

And it isn't so cute anymore   :rolleye:

Al

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Bopeye

Quote from: THO Game Calls on June 09, 2008, 04:18:12 PM

But then, one day, you come home to find

And it isn't so cute anymore   :rolleye:

Al

That has me rolling...  :yahoo: :yahoo: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh3: :sick2: ;yes; :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

KySongDog

Nice story, Jimbo!  You ARE an old softy.   :biggrin:

The problem with cats is they WON'T die!   :madd:  My little girl, (this was years ago) had to have a kitten just like your little girl did. 

I hate cats!!!  But I caved in (as ALL dads do) and we went to the pound and came home with a little black kitten.  11 years later my little girl is grown and gone from home but that cat is still here!  It won't die!!! 

Now I am attached to the dayum thing and can't imagine getting rid of it.  Its part of the family.    :biggrin:

So now, Jim,  you got a cat FOREVER!    :roflmao:  Oh, the JOYS of changing the litter box..........   :roflmao:   :roflmao:

Semp

FinsnFur

:shrug: I'm gonna make rick223 do it when he gets flooded out and has to move in  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

vvarmitr

My Gawd that's just sick! Reminds of those cutsie/cutsie e-mails my sister keeps sending me.  :puke:  :puke:  :puke:

I guess you really showed her that you're her mushy marshmellow, sucker, sap Daddy that'll cavein if you pay the game long enough.

Having 3 daughters & a nitwit for their mother I too went through this crap. Their Mother would bring cats home. I told 'em, "If the cat gets on the counter or the table it becomes a target!" Never had a cat make adulthood!
Then the middle daughter thought she'd out smart me.( :roflmao:)  She kept a cat in her room till I wasn't home. Didn't take me long to know what was up.  I said nothing.  Then her room started smelling & then her clothes & her friends finally dropped the hint that she stunk.  :laf: I love it when a plan comes together.  :eyebrow:

I've had to do the same w/ my stepdaughters. They have all learnt ... Dad don't push & his advice is sound.  When they want to whine & cry about stuff they talk to Mom, but if they really want to know what to do they talk to me.  :readthis:

FinsnFur

:laf: What  hard ass.

Yeah I'd probably be thinking with the same state of mind though if my daughters were here every morning when the sun came over the horizon. Problem is they aren't due to a divorce, and our time apart becomes my time in hell.
They are my world literally and even more so because I cannot be a part of their everyday lives, so like any other dad wrapped around his babies fingers, I conjure up new ways to put smiles on their faces and see to it that they stay there.

And there aint a lot I can do to formulate that smile being over 600 miles away from them and seeing them every other weekend....so if cleaning a lil catshit out of a box once day assures me that this little girl walks through that front door with a smile...it's small price to pay in my book. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

coyote101

Quote....so if cleaning a lil catshit out of a box once day assures me that this little girl walks through that front door with a smile...it's small price to pay in my book.

Right on Dad!
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Troy Walter

That very nice of you Jim,you are a good dad.And besides I like cats.THEY TASTE ALOT LIKE CHICKEN.

Bopeye

Quote from: Troy Walter on June 11, 2008, 05:14:12 PM
That very nice of you Jim,you are a good dad.And besides I like cats.THEY TASTE ALOT LIKE CHICKEN.

That's what I'm talking about.  :sneer: