• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Fathers Day double! (pics added)

Started by Rprince, June 16, 2008, 08:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rprince

After not hunting since the first of March I was starting to get the itch to kill a dog. Since we were going to the in-laws yesterday for supper I grabbed my stuff & figured I'd do a little run and gun before we ate.

On the first stand I called about 75 yards from the truck & kept my volume on low. I normally don't call this close to the truck but the area looked good & I didn't want to bust one by going in to far. No takers on this stand.

On the second stand I moved 75 - 100 yards from the first & set my call on a fence row. The only cover I had was a pine tree in the middle of the wide open pasture. The sun was right on me but I figured if I didn't move I would be ok, the spot looked great & I could tell that something was going to happen. After a couple of minutes I saw a dog running hard down the fence row & was headed straight for the call, I shut the call off expecting her to stop but she wasn't slowing down at all. I gave her a bark that made her put the brakes on & I sent a piece of lead that landed in the middle of her chest, she wasn't 5 feet from the call when she died.  I cranked back into the pup squeals & here came another one right down the same fence row, I muted the call & let her trot in to about 40 yards, when she stopped I popped her. I let the call go for a few more minutes but nothing else showed. Dang that was fun!  :yoyo:

I made a third stand in a hay field. The call had been playing for about 10 seconds & a big doe came flying through the field straight for the call. She was snorting & had her ears laid back. She ran around the call for about 10 minutes trying to find out what was getting killed. I finally shut the call off & waited a few more minutes but nothing else showed.

Pretty fun day even though I didn't hunt but about 2 hours, I can't wait for the farmers to start cutting wheat.

coyote101

Congratulations on a great day.  :highclap: :highclap: Thanks for the story and I'm looking forward to the pics.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Bopeye

That's awesome Randy.  :congrats:

Try being in the house for a couple weeks without leaving on for size. I want to kill anything at this point.  :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Rprince

Bop,
I go crazy if I set in the house for a day, much less weeks  :rolleye:
Hope you get better soon. Come on down this way if you get a chance, I'm sure we can find a few more to throw some lead at.

Bopeye

I'm gonna take you up on that when I feel better Randy.  :eyebrownod:
You might be sorry that you offered. Some folks wouldn't be seen with me if you paid them.  :laf:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

DirtyDog

Quote from: Bopeye on June 16, 2008, 09:10:00 AM
I'm gonna take you up on that when I feel better Randy.  :eyebrownod:
You might be sorry that you offered. Some folks wouldn't be seen with me if you paid them.  :laf:

:roflmao:  :roflmao:

Rprince

Quote from: Bopeye on June 16, 2008, 09:10:00 AM

Nobody down this way knows you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, yet! :biggrin:

alscalls

I would just hide behind you and let ya whack em with that big stick. :eyebrownod:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

That's a lot better then a lot of us did :yoyo:
I'm glad ya got out,.,,and naturally I'm jealous....nice job.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

Good job Randy thanks for the story. Keep them a comin  :yoyo: :yoyo:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

wv_yoter