• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

MAC users (again)

Started by browning204, July 08, 2008, 05:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browning204

so I finally got the IMAC and it is hella cool but I have some basic questions (don't laugh)

how do I shut it down and boot it up? Is there a button for power down like windows has or do I gotta use the button on the back of the monitor?

Have you guys used the movie maker software? Oh my god it is cool!!!!!

OH, and how do I access .mac to see if I wanna subscribe or not??

Thanks
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

CCP

I dont know the answer but I bet Hawks Feather will. He should be along anytime.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Yep. Latta is the mac Daddy :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Quote from: browning204 on July 08, 2008, 05:52:44 PM
so I finally got the IMAC and it is hella cool but I have some basic questions (don't laugh)

how do I shut it down and boot it up? Is there a button for power down like windows has or do I gotta use the button on the back of the monitor?  There are a couple of ways to shut it down, but I just put mine to sleep.  You can hold the start button, (I don't have the new imac, but you mentioned a button on the back of the monitor) or you can go to the top left on your screen to the picture of the apple.  If you click and hold you will get a list of options, one of which is Shut Down.  If you go to that it will shut itself down and you will then need to hold the button on the back of the monitor to restart.  But, like I said, if I am the only "user" I just let it go to sleep.  In the control panel you can set how long you want it to be idle before going to sleep.  Another option if you want, you can set up users and then just log out the user when done and leave the computer go to sleep.

Have you guys used the movie maker software? Oh my god it is cool!!!!!   It is really difficult isn't it?   :biggrin:   iPhoto is pretty difficult too.  Plug your camera in and the rest is history.
[/color

OH, and how do I access .mac to see if I wanna subscribe or not??   http://www.apple.com/dotmac/   They are in the process of changing the name to MOBILE ME to try to stress some of their new features, but it is still .mac.

Thanks

browning204

Holy crap, that .mac stuff is confusing! Somehow I got a 3 second video on there and can't delete it.  :confused:

and as far as the other functions, I really can't get it. Maybe because I am on the trial version or something???

Man, I am getting to old for this learning stuff!!!!!

Hawks Feather

Browning,

PM me your phone number and when you will be home and I will give you a call.  I head out to the scout camp in about an hour and won't be home till about 10:00 p.m. tonight, but the rest of the week the evenings will be open since the gun range will be closed.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Jerry's  giving tech support  :laf: Jerry's giving tech support :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

browning204

browning204

I can't see alot of vids because this computer is a MAC and don't have WMV. I tried to download it but don't know wher downloads go!!!   :confused: :wo:

Gary in CA

Go to the User folder and look for the "Downloads" sub-folder.  There's a Media Player for Mac too.  I'd go to System Preferences>Energy Saver> and adjust both sleep and options.  Then go to System Preferences>Desk Top & Screensaver and set a "Hot Corner."

Today I was running Firefox, Thunderbird, InDesign, Photoshop, Word, Acrobat Pro, Acrobat Reader, Preview, and Calendar, all at once and it just keeps on chugging.  Knock on wood, Imac never crashes.

browning204

I really wanna learn to use all the features that the Mac's have. Maybe i will take some of those free classes at the apple store!

nastygunz

WT AND A MAC..................B204 is a technology rebel!.......... :yoyo:

browning204

Thanks to Jerry for calling me up and taking me for a trip around the new confuser! :highclap:

Nasty: Technology rebel? I keep telling you to come out and play with the big boys!! Call me this weekend if you want. We really need to talk about a couple things then go chase some critters!

HaMeR

Quote from: nastygunz on July 10, 2008, 09:44:39 PM
WT AND A MAC..................B204 is a technology rebel!.......... :yoyo:

:roflmao: :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

browning204

at the top of the safari screen, in the grey area there are some favorites. Some are there such as you tube and other stuff I don't want. How do I get rid of the unwanted ones?

Hawks Feather

At the left hand end is a Bookmark Bar icon that looks like an open book - click on it.  That will open up the Bookmark Bar and you will see the names of the items that are showing in the bar.  Single click on the name of the one that you don't want and the entire line will be highlighted - (you will need to click on the name under Bookmark and not address.)  When it is highlighted press delete.  It should come up with the question "are you sure", click yes and it is gone.  After you delete the ones you don't want you can add FnF, THO, etc. to the Bookmark Bar to make it easy to get to them.

JErry

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hawks Feather on July 11, 2008, 08:13:32 PM
  After you delete the ones you don't want you can add FnF, THO, etc. to the Bookmark Bar to make it easy to get to them.

JErry

:roflmao:  I like this guy
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

browning204

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 11, 2008, 08:36:38 PM
Quote from: Hawks Feather on July 11, 2008, 08:13:32 PM
  After you delete the ones you don't want you can add FnF, THO, etc. to the Bookmark Bar to make it easy to get to them.

JErry

:roflmao:  I like this guy

I already added those!!!!!!   Derrr!!!!!

oh ya what the heck does this button on the side of my mouse do? (near my thumb)

when I click it it turns everything blueish.

Hawks Feather

I think that is the Nitro Injector Button.  I have an older model and don't have that button.

Actually, I think it is used with Bluetooth technology and if you are not set up for Bluetooth, it will probably give the color shift as a warning.  I could be wrong on this, like I said, I have an old iMac.

Jerry

Hawks Feather

I forgot, but when you are in the Bookmark Bar, you can drag the site to another place in the order - just like you did with the items in the dock.  The top item will show at the left on the bar.

Jerry