• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Calling Contest???

Started by alscalls, August 12, 2008, 05:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alscalls

What would you guys think about having a calling contest on FNF?
Something like Video only and have classes like latex,open reed, closed reed, howling, distress...ect
Do it just for fun and maybe try and figure a way to make some money for the FNF bank while we are at it. we would need to put a time limit on the vid. so everyone could compete, cel phones will do 15 sec. and we all know someone who has one.
If we do this, I need help..I do not have a lot of time and I dont want to screw this up so if someone wants to kick off a first draft of it. Go for it.......I think it would be fun........what do you all think?
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

MDM

that would be a great idea IMO , I woulld love to hear what some other fellers out there sound like.

Rich

alscalls,

Your idea sounds good, at least in theory. I don't know how good the sound will be after recording it through my itty bitty microphone on my midget cell phone. I will have my wife record one for me and test it.  :wink:
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

alscalls

its just for fun Cronk, Here is one of mine..........

you can use some digital cameras for a short vid too.....The key is to not post a 10 min video some of us are still on dial up.
Mostly we want to set the rules and look for ideas to raise $$ for the FNF bank.
AL

George Ackley

I have no way of doing this ,, can I sand I DVD to someone and they can get it online for me??

cell phone??? what dat be

I can get it to DVD or maybe a camera memory card , but I don't think my computer can handle any video
I am high speed but I don't think i have what's need in it
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

Rich

"cell phone??? what dat be"
---------------------------------

Big George,

You have dial phones out your way yet?  :roflmao:  Just teasing ya George, please don't whip my arse.  The "Cell" phone is what we call cellular telephones now. Those little bitty things that have buttons so small that I can't read the numbers without my glasses. Glasses! That reminds me of what happened yesterday. My neighbor has this big ole dog, I mean REAL big. Yesterday I saw a turd in their yard that was huge, I mean REALLY huge, even for THAT dog's turd standards. It was right next to my property line fence, so I walk over to look at the huge turd. I knelt down for a closer look, and it definitely said something on it. I had to go back in my house to get my reading glasses, because I can't read shit without my glasses.
Foxpro Field staff

Rich

alscalls,
That is a real nice video, and the howl would fool a coyote for certain. I'm gonna do a little testing with my digital camera now.
Foxpro Field staff

George Ackley

Rich, I got a beeper :confused: :confused: when did these celly phone dodad come around. :biggrin:

Na rich I gave in my cell phone when I stopped working ,,you know, I lived by that dam thing at one time and now i don't even like to here them ring...

My truck has 2 signs in it 1 saying ( NO FAT CHICKS) and the other Saying ( NO CELL PHONES))and defiantly no fat chick on cell phones

I even canceled  my  cell phone that built in to my truck,,
so i am back to the old days if my city needs me they turn on the bat light and i come running

Silencer

Sure why not, I'm not a real predator caller but I can make sounds out of my calls  :laf:

George Ackley

real predator caller

Dont cut your self short buddyboy you as real as any of us :yoyo:

ok maybe noT AS REAL AS  GLENN GUESS  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I am going to try to get somthing on tape this weekend with sound for my entry

Silencer

:roflmao:  Same here, gonna do some practice runs with the camera just to see how the sounds turn out.

HaMeR

I'm gonna have Guess record me something & whip y'all!!  :laugh2: :laugh2:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Silencer

I done cant find my cronk white lightning.  I usually put a grunt tube on the end and use it for howling, I'm also missing my green crow call.    :confused:  :wo: 

KIDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bills Custom Calls

Cronk makes whiskey,.......and nobody told me   :shrug: what da hell is up with that  :roflmao:

Hamer we will need a video clip with witnesses no lip sinking from the fox pro buddy  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Whats the time frame here and when is this thing gonna start I might try and do something
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

George Ackley

ok my test, didn't work ,, so i need to find a canra with sound....

wv_yoter

Al, what kinda sounds and who is the judge.
Jason

alscalls

I'm sure we can talk Jimbo into a vote  posted to determine the winners....So we would all be the judge I just need some Ideas on some ground rules from you guys first then I will make a draft from it and post a what do ya think of it and you guys can look it over before we start. Just for fun..bragging rights only....and I would love to raise some money for the bank but I am not sure how.......Sounds?.......My guess would be Howling, distress, .........Sub catagories would be up to you guys...
I need opinions right now on how you want it.
AL

Silencer

You dont want too many categories IMO.   How bout Howling, pup distress, and open/your choice.

Let the winner carry a tag under his handle FnF call master and have braggin rights  ?

Set a poll so the masses can vote who they like the best. 

Really not sure on the $$$ part, maybe a small entry fee ? 

Set it up like the fishing contest, the caller starts his own thread with his call entries so they're not all togehter on one ?

edited after thinking... lol   

coycaller

Al, The contest sounds like it would be fun. I don't think you could ever have a fair, unbiased contest on this board, but it would be neat to hear the sounds other guys make on their howlers and distress calls. Good luck and I hope you can make it come together.

KySongDog

Quote from: coycaller on August 13, 2008, 11:03:49 AM
I don't think you could ever have a fair, unbiased contest on this board, but it would be neat to hear the sounds other guys make on their howlers and distress calls.

Interesting comment.  If not Fnf, what board do you suggest would give us a fair and unbiased contest?