• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Trail Camera

Started by KySongDog, August 13, 2008, 09:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

I've got the bug to get a trail camera and see when the critters are comin' through. 

Anyone here got any experience with them and any recommendations?  All I know right now is I want an infrared model to avoid the white light.

Thanks

alscalls

Watch what kind of batteries you need......I like six volt or twelve so I can use a solar panel and a rechargeable batt.
You would need a charge controller though to keep it from discharging or over charging.
Some of the other ones use way too much batt. juice and you have to keep buying batteries all the time. :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

Hey Al

What brand/model of trail camera do ya have?  Is it infrared?   Yeah, I agree batteries can be expensive.

iahntr

Hey Semp
Here's a place that's got some info on em.
http://www.chasingame.com/
I've got a Leaf River I like perty well, and a couple Wildview's (not real great,
but I picked em up on sale for $25.00  :biggrin:). None are infrared, so I can't help ya first hand there,
but I agree, If/when I buy another one I believe it will be an infrared model. When they first came out they were just
black and white, now they got em that take color pics during the day, and the blk/wht infrared at night.
Scott

alscalls

Semp I gave mine away.....I would love to have a no flash camera...I just do not have time to fool with them much anymore and it is hard To see what batteries all the different ones use. Best bet would be to go to a Bass pro shop or cabellas and look at em first hand so ya can read the box. Camera quality is getting so good now days I would just get what I liked........And ask what kind of batteries it takes and see if it takes an SD card. Buy two SD cards and just pull one out and replace it. take one home to see it. Those viewers are a pain but they can help you move your camera right then if you must. I hope this makes sense. :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

Thanks for that link, iahntr.   I got some reading to do now.  :wink:

The no flash camera is the one I've been thinking about. 

Roundman

We have 3 Moultrie M60's, they have great battery life and take good pics. I also have a Stealth I430 and it also takes good pics but the battery life is 3-4 weeks. The Moultrie will last around 12 weeks give or take 2 weeks. Be ready for some under and overexposed pictures it seems like the last time I pulled my cards I had about 15 out of 480 pictures that were overexposed.
Hope this helps

Mike

securpro

Semp, I have a cuddeback and it is the best i have ever used by far. my first was a gametrail camera 35mm now that sucked  :madd: most of the pics were overexposed or of nothing at all, then i bought a bushnell digital infrared camera and it was so slow i would miss the first part of the deer as it walked by  :confused: that sucked, so i returned it and brokedown and bought a cuddeback  :yoyo: this thing is awesome, I am saving for the cuddeback no flash now.... A friend of mine has one and its even better than mine. :biggrin:

Get a cuddeback......
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

cathryn

i want one too but theyre kinda pricey. 'specially when ya got 3 little ones, lol  :biggrin: