• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Old Chuck smacks another one

Started by possumal, August 15, 2008, 09:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Old Chuck is getting ready to graduate from Possumal's Coyote College at the rate he is going. He is getting better and better on his set ups, and that is the main thing that is creating success for him.  He went out yesterday evening on a farm we scouted some time ago, and he remembered that I had told him it was close to where several housecats had disappeared, and it might be a good idea to use a kitten distress sound.  He went to a lot of trouble to get the right approach to his planned perch, to be in a position to call the coyotes away from danger, which I believe to be important on farms where they interact with farmers a lot.  He turned on the kitten distress sound on his FX-5 and less than a minute into the call, here comes a nice male from downwind. Chuck stopped him with his Sceery coaxer, and stopped him for good with his 223.  Since I worked out a load for him using the 52 grain Sierra Blitz King, he is 4 for 4 on his shooting, and stopping them cold in his tracks.  I'm real proud of his progress, and believe me, he really works hard at the game.

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

wv_yoter

Jason

Frogman

Chuck,
   Way to go.  Good to see you guys are getting out.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

weedwalker

WTG Chuck. You're getting off to a good start this year. :yoyo:

DirtyDog

golfertrout

alscalls

Quote from: golfertrout on August 16, 2008, 04:44:57 PM
how much is tuition?
:eyebrownod:Yea possum take me and Dave to raise........ :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Jeb

Good job Chuck !! Keepem coming Al !  :highclap: :highclap:
               Jeb

possumal

Alscalls and Golfertrout: You know I was kidding about the College (lol).  Old Chuck may be pushed a little more than most by the fact that coyotes killed his pet poodle right in his yard, but he has the fever about as bad as I ever saw anyone have it.  I have been getting in so late from work for the past couple of weeks that I haven't been able to go with him any, but I am happy he is advancing and getting more confidence in his own setups, etc..  He learns well from his own mistakes, which is a good trait to have. I suspect that he won't make many in the future.  You guys know I am always willing to help in any way that I can, as I really get a kick out of the newbies when they succeed.  Don't forget to try to be as sneaky as old Wylie in your approach and setup.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

CCP

QuoteI'm real proud of his progress, and believe me, he really works hard at the game.

We are proud of him too give ole Chuck a pat on the back from all of us. :highclap:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net