• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Brad H and 5SHOTS make it out

Started by Brad H, August 28, 2008, 11:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad H

We make 9 stands today. Only called in two but both are dead. First stand at 9:30 am and after 15 minutes I shot a male that came in just exactly like I hoped.

Sixth stand the caller was 100 yards away from both of us. 5SHOTS (Art) was set up way down wind while I watched the foreground. After 16 or 17 minutes a coyote came in front and center out of the creek bottom. It didn't stand still long enough for me to get a shot so it was basically spoon fed to Art. Got it with his .17.

This was quite a theraputic day.

Brad

CCP

This was quite a theraputic day.

Man I need one of them theraputic days no doubt.

looks like you guys had a heck of a day to say the least. Cant wait to get out in the next few weeks myself.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

iahntr

Lookin good !  :congrats:
Thanks for sharin Brad
Scott

DirtyDog

Good deal Brad!  :yoyo:

Nothin like a good day hunting to get your mind off of things.  :wink:

Bopeye

That's what I'm talking about.  :yoyo: Outstanding fellas!!
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

KySongDog

Nice job, Brad and Art!   Thanks for the pics!   :congrats:

Do ya think that Quiver Critter helped your setup any?  Or would the yotes have come in just the same without it?

FinsnFur

"Spoon fed"  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Good stuff Brad. Good stuff indeed.  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

Killin stuff??........I love that...... :yoyo: :congrats:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

coyote101

Way to go guys.  :yoyo: :yoyo: Congratulatons on a successful hunt.  :highclap: :highclap:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

5 SHOTS

"Spoon fed"  :hahaha: I lip squeaked 4 times and the coyote just looked at me and kept right on going each time  :argh: so I said HEY and he looked at me again and went another 30 feet then finally stopped with a WHAAAT! look on his face. Then he tipped over.  :whew:  :biggrin:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

jimmy

Brad, I thought you were going to get one with your pistol? I don't see one in the pictures.

Looks like you had fun.

Brad H

"Quiver Critter", is that what that thing is called Semp? It's Art's dek but I set it out most of the time. That coyote stopped and looked that direction right in front of me. I'm pretty sure he saw the decoy but I think he would have acted the same had it not been there. I like it, but could take or leave it for the most part. Kind of a neat toy though.

I did have the pistol with me Jim. And that was in the plans but we didn't have the cover I wanted for something like that. There seemed to be enough coyotes in this open, sage draw country, (you know where we were) it wasn't worth changing geogrophy. That will be later in September when I try that.

Brad

wv_yoter

Jason

Todd Rahm

Good job Brad and Art.  :congrats: Musta been real good Art lit up after words.  :roflmao:

5 SHOTS

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Frogman

Glad to see you guys are getting out.  What do you think of that Quiver Critter decoy?

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

Quote from: Semp on August 29, 2008, 05:35:40 AM

Do ya think that Quiver Critter helped your setup any?  Or would the yotes have come in just the same without it?

Quote from: Frogman on August 29, 2008, 11:42:06 AM
What do you think of that Quiver Critter decoy?

Jim

Great minds think alike, huh Jim?   :biggrin:

Wonder what the answer is?    :wo:

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

5 SHOTS

I think in this instance it helped. :shrug: But I can picture a big bada$$ old coyote seeing that poor defenceless little rabbit quivering like it does and hanging up, thinking to itself "  :holdon: I ain't going near anything like that, its either got something I don't want, or it's on something.   :roflmao: :roflmao: