• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Problem Hogs?

Started by FinsnFur, September 25, 2008, 05:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

The latest issue of Varmint Hunter had a write up in there about problem hogs.
There's a picture on page 16 of a deep water filled wallow about 5 foot in diameter, in the road, that they claim, "was rooted by boars to become a real vehicle obstacle to travel."

:wo:    :huh:

Serious?

Are these things actually that smart? Or is someone on Sudafed?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

I can't believe they are that smart to do it on purpose.  :nono:   There was probably water standing in the road and the hogs just do what hogs do and start rootin'.  :eyebrownod:   

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

The First "Pure Russian" wild boars were brought into the US by Austin Corbin. They were released into a 20,000 acre enclosure in Sullivan County New Hampshire in 1890.

Texas and New Hampshire are the only 2 states where true Russian Boar may still exist on a rare basis. BUT, with hunters buying and releasing TRUE RUSSIAN BOARS into the wild this is ever changing.

I work with a lady whose husband works at Corbin Park where the monster boars roam....she said trees down, cut fencing etc lets a few boars out and another guy I know from the area says they are in a certain big swamp...my older brother has a farm and he said they are nocturnal and destroy a field like a bulldozer. Every now and then a deer hunter bags one and they are some big black hairy savage looking pigs.

The state says you cant hunt them cuz they are property of the park...the Park says they dont claim them, which makes them not liable for any damage they may do.....kinda odd situation really :confused: