• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

What da ya know, I can get one without my Foxpro!

Started by GAJoe, September 28, 2008, 06:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAJoe

Sold my FX5 to get a Fury (got my name on the list). With the weather cooling off I couldn't wait until the Fury's come out. I took my woodpecker distress and howler to a nearby hayfield on the river that has given me 5 coyotes and a bobcat in the last 3 years. I located a well placed hay-bail on the edge of the field, cleared the brush out on the back side to have a blind for the fall & winter. I waited til about an hour before dark then began with a few  woodpecker distress sequences with no response. Waited til sun-down and gave a couple of lone howls on the howler, a few min. later did a challenge type sequence, then a couple more min. I did a young coyote distress. As I turned my head to scan back toward the truck a light colored coyote was running from the far side of the field straight across to my side about a hundred yards from my location. Couldn't get her(I think it was the female of a pair.) to stop with barks; might a got busted. I hit the distress again to get her back out maybe. Then I spotted the male come into the field on the far side about a hundred sixty yards away. Took the broad side shot, at which point he ran a few yards back into the woods and dropped. He was 34.5 lbs. I've had coyotes answer my howler before, but these were the first I've seen come in to it. And the first I've gotten not using a FOXPRO. My hand calling before just got me busted; apparently I was doin' somethin' right or not doin' somethin' wrong to call in two. Still lookin' foward to gettin' my Fury.

GAJoe

Frogman

Great story GAJoe,
      Thanks for the photo.  Good shootin.  That sounds like a pretty long shot.  Just like the one I killed, we don't always need all that fancy expensive stuff to kill coyotes.  You just have to be good, like you and me!!!  Next thing you know they will be jumping in the back of the pickup just begging to be shot!?!?

Really though, I think I rely too much on the Scorpion.  Should try using the hand calls more!  Good calling and nice shooting!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

alscalls

Awesome story :congrats: nice shooting too :eyebrownod:
Just remember you always need hand calls in case you forget your E-caller at home like frogman sometimes does.......
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

lankrod

wv_yoter

Jason

Yotehntr

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FinsnFur

Nice shootin :yoyo:
Sounds like ya worked em just right.  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

pitw

Great story and pic's.  I'm willing to bet you felt better calling them yourself than letting someone else. Good job :bowingsmilie:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

vvarmitr

Ditto what pitw said. ;yes;

Ya did well!  :congrats:   
Thanks for the story & pix!  :biggrin: